Duck softball

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

cordy02c
Senior

Duck softball

Post by cordy02c »

don't know how many of you noticed but duck softball won it's ncaa regional and advanced to super regionals next weekend against florida
duck55
Senior

Re: Duck softball

Post by duck55 »

Way to go Ducks (or Duckettes?) (They were still the Daisy Ducks in my era). :o
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Cool... Always nice to back a winner!

Now, if the AD would invest some capital on improvements to Howe Field (I remember when Dave Roberts played Baseball there, among many others) Oregon might get home field advantage for some playoffs over the next few years.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I was living in Atlanta this time last year and went to their regional against Georgia Tech. Was surprised at how many people were willing to travel across the country for a softball game. The coach was super appreciative too, walked through the Ducks section before the game and said thanks for coming out. Normally I wouldn't pay attention to softball but the coach has made a fan out out of me. I hope they continue winning.
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

Yes, congrats to the softball team. Link to the bracket, has live update when you select the regional.

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d1/2011
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:Cool... Always nice to back a winner!

Now, if the AD would invest some capital on improvements to Howe Field (I remember when Dave Roberts played Baseball there, among many others) Oregon might get home field advantage for some playoffs over the next few years.
I think that they are probably next in line to get some facility upgrades. It will probably be 2-4 years before anything gets built, but the new conference TV deal should really help out in funding any upgrade.