Mac Fleet rolls!!!

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Mac Fleet rolls!!!

Post by ducksvb6 »

Duck track news from San Diego – Duck commit Mac Fleet continues to rank among the best milers in the nation. He holds the best 800m ( mile ) time this year in California at 1:50.31. Saturday in the CIF San Diego Section he cruised to a 4:15.99 in the 1600 and then an hour later a 1:54.92 in the 800m.

He will follow the State Championship with a post season meet in Portland then North Carolina for the Nike Nationals followed by the Junior Nationals in Eugene. His goal is to run under 1:50 at 800m in one of the approaching meets.

The dynasty continues!
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Re: Mac Fleet rolls!!!

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Can anyone stop the Oregon track machine?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:Can anyone stop the Oregon track machine?
No kidding, and lately it's been insanely dominant.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

1600m is the mile. It is humanly impossible to run a mile under 2 minutes. I believe the world record for the mile is still at 3 minutes 56 seconds.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

ducksvb6 wrote:Duck track news from San Diego – Duck commit Mac Fleet continues to rank among the best milers in the nation. He holds the best 800m (half-mile) time this year in California at 1:50.31. Saturday in the CIF San Diego Section he cruised to a 4:15.99 in the 1600 and then an hour later a 1:54.92 in the 800m.

He will follow the State Championship with a post season meet in Portland then North Carolina for the Nike Nationals followed by the Junior Nationals in Eugene. His goal is to run under 1:50 at 800m in one of the approaching meets.

The dynasty continues!
Fixed that.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

ducksvb6 wrote:Duck track news from San Diego – Duck commit Mac Fleet continues to rank among the best milers in the nation. He holds the best 800m ( mile ) time this year in California at 1:50.31. Saturday in the CIF San Diego Section he cruised to a 4:15.99 in the 1600 and then an hour later a 1:54.92 in the 800m.

The dynasty continues!
Any idea how the gal that ran in the Olympic trials did this year. BTW you gotta love the name, Mac Fleet. How much fun are we going to have with that?
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

I believe you are referring to Jordan Hasay, Clif championship is happening this weekend in Clovis;

I heard she was ill for several weeks over the winter and has had to do some extensive training to get back in shape. Even so she has the fastest time in the 1600m in Calif; top 5 in 800m
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

Fleet continues to roll running a 4:05.33, a life time best, to win the San Diego Section 1600m title. This is the second fast 1600m in the San Diego CIF Section, first....4:04.95 Oregon's A.J. Acosta..

He captured the win with a hugh surge on the third lap. He was quote in the UT news paper. "When I made that move, I knew I'd see if it would pay off or I'd embarrass myself. I had a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other, one telling me to go, the other telling me not to".

The dynasty continues...GO DUCKS
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Hicham El Guerrouj of Morocco set the current World Record in the Mile, 3:43.13, on July 7, 1997... The current World Record for the 2 Mile, 7:58.61, was set on July 19, 1997, by Daniel Komen, of Kenya.

Think about that... The 2 Mile record was 2 sub-4 minute Miles! There are thousands of great runners who struggle to acheive one sub-4 minute mile in their entire career.

As Frank Sinatra would say, "It Was a Very Good Year..."
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

A sub 8 minute 2 mile is incredible,...I remember when the sub 4 minute miles were earth shattering news,...,I was estatic breaking 2:20 in the 880 in HS...guess thats why I was regulated to watching Pre from the stands :D...