Aaron wise updates, U.S. open

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Aaron wise updates, U.S. open

Post by Alan »

If anyone is paying close enough attention to the U.S. open, which started today, would they please be kind enough to post some updates every once in a while on his progress.

Thanks for any help,
Alan
Alan
Senior

Re: Aaron wise updates, U.S. open

Post by Alan »

Because of weather he never made the first tee, but any help on updates would be welcomed.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

He's through 3 in his first round, +2, tied for 59th
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

+3 through 8 T-62
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Appears I'm the only one here on this thread, no problem love having another nationally recognized duck team. Wise is falling apart in his second round, had to play 36 holes today, he's currently tied for 107th place through 11. The top 60 guys plus ties go though this weekend, although about 40 to 50 players have to play their second round tomorrow.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Tough course for a young guy like him.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I agree a tough way to start out pro career, although I'm under the impression he qualified as a pro at the regional last week, I could easily be wrong, just guessing, I'm not a big golf fan but love the Ducks. The second round was Called due to darkness, he's on the 13th hole, plus 3 for the day so far and plus 7 for the tournament. He needs to get into the top 60 to make the cut, so pick up a couple of strokes or hope others crash. About 40 or so that still have to play their entire second round tomorrow before the third starts after the cut. He's tied for 93rd after the halt tonight.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Alan wrote:I agree a tough way to start out pro career, although I'm under the impression he qualified as a pro at the regional last week, I could easily be wrong, just guessing, I'm not a big golf fan but love the Ducks. The second round was Called due to darkness, he's on the 13th hole, plus 3 for the day so far and plus 7 for the tournament. He needs to get into the top 60 to make the cut, so pick up a couple of strokes or hope others crash. About 40 or so that still have to play their entire second round tomorrow before the third starts after the cut. He's tied for 93rd after the halt tonight.
I believe anyone within 10 strikes get to play the weekend as well, but I could be wrong?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Nope he crashed, tied for 110th place, done at +10. Projected cut is the group currently tied at 65th place, so it falls into the "finish in the top 60 to move on". Tough tournament to start out in, but I'll keep an eye on him in the future.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I'm excited to watch his progress. As I've said before, golf is the hardest game!! It's all about subtleties and if you're used to ripping on a ball with brute strength, it's a HUGE learning curve when it comes to golf. It frustrates the heck out of me.