World Cup

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: World Cup

Post by UOducksTK1 »

These red cards are getting silly. First Australia, now Nigeria. I mean, at least the Nigeria player's red card was a little justified since he tried to kick the Greece player. But talk about the biggest flop job ever by the Greek!!

Smh, red cards should be reviewed.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Wow, goal for Birsa of Slovenia, and the US keeper wasn't even close... Great shot from an unmarked Birsa.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wow USA is getting dismantled.. I guess I can't say I'm surprise. We either fall behind early and lose or win.

cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

not done yet donovan scores 3 min into second half
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

us manages to get a 2-2 draw us had a winner disallowed on a bad call but still good comeback
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

US will likely advance with a win over Algeria. Getting that 1 point today was huge.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Horrible call by the ref at the end, he had no clue why he even blew this whistle!

I'll be happy to take the draw considering how badly we started, but honestly, USA won that game 3-2. The ref flat out cheated. And I honestly wonder if it was intentional because that call was horse s***.

goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Agreed that was a bogus call, but at the same time it was huge to get that one point! Not much we can do about that horrendous call... grrrr... Let's take it out on Algeria next week!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Absolutely horrible call. All of the soccer analysts are calling for the yellow card on Findley, which knocks him out of the came against Algeria, to be reviewed and for the ref to be suspended for such horrible calls. Watching the game shows there were no foul on the 3rd goal and no handball on Findley.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

That face ball on Findley was as ridiculous as any call I witnessed in 12 years of coaching... And that includes a few games reffed by teenage kids. At worst, it was an inadvertent contact, if any, and should have resulted in no worse than a free kick.

The disallowed goal was even worse.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:That face ball on Findley was as ridiculous as any call I witnessed in 12 years of coaching... And that includes a few games reffed by teenage kids. At worst, it was an inadvertent contact, if any, and should have resulted in no worse than a free kick.

The disallowed goal was even worse.
And you wonder why some don't take FIFA all that serious when it comes to refs. They have no American ref but refs from Mali and Azerbaijan. How do you not have any refs from one of the bigger countries in the world that has a top-15 team?
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

The French team is sure in turmoil after their loss 2-0 to Mexico. It surfaced on the front page of the leading sports newspaper that Anelka grossly insulted trainer Domenech during the halftime of that match saying "Va te faire enculer sale fils de pute!" That is about as bad as it gets and it is amazing that a newspaper would print that in bold type on the front page!! Sorry, you'll have to use a translator if you don't understand French. Anelka has since been kicked off the team and sent back to France, no wonder! Now we know why he did not play in the second half...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves20 ... enech.html :shock:

Notice the plane that we flew on?
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

New Zeland got a draw with italy that's a major upset it's like if we lost to psu
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

After watching the Brazil-Ivory Coast game, I could see why people in the US don't care about soccer. Kaka got a 2nd yellow card for a player running into him and then rolling on the ground, acting like Kaka hit him in the face. Too much flopping on minor hits and acting like they've been shot. You see a lot of it with foreign teams but not so much with the American team, maybe because we have tougher players who don't like to look like a bunch of wusses. The refs and FIFA higher-ups should really clean the game up and make it a penalty to flop and act like a lot of soccer players do.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

greenyellow wrote:After watching the Brazil-Ivory Coast game, I could see why people in the US don't care about soccer. Kaka got a 2nd yellow card for a player running into him and then rolling on the ground, acting like Kaka hit him in the face. Too much flopping on minor hits and acting like they've been shot. You see a lot of it with foreign teams but not so much with the American team, maybe because we have tougher players who don't like to look like a bunch of wusses. The refs and FIFA higher-ups should really clean the game up and make it a penalty to flop and act like a lot of soccer players do.
From what the media is saying, the Italy-NZ game was even worse for flopping. Italy was rolling on the ground every time any contact was made. I don't really care if it's strategy, I wish soccer players would man up. That kind of s*** would never be acceptable in an American sport.