Rate the movie you just watched

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Rate the movie you just watched

Post by bellsduck »

Finally saw Bad Grandpa the other day and laughed my ass off. I can find a lot of Johnny Knoxville stuff a little over the top and too dumb to find funny. Maybe it was my mood, but I loved it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Frozen 7/10 - If there wasn't like 45 songs in the movie, I probably would have given it an 8... Funny, and pretty typical old school disney story.

Oblivion 6.5/10 - Not gonna lie, I was really sucked into this movie for the first half. But then it got drawn out, and the end was pretty uneventful for me. Cool idea, but didn't all click for me. I'd still say watch it, once.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier today and it was great. For me, I'd say it rivals The Avengers and Iron Man for Marvel's best movie. I give it a 9.5/10 as it has some really great action sequences, a nice political thriller vibe, good character arcs, and ties into many of the Marvel's past movies.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

greenyellow wrote:Just saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier today and it was great. For me, I'd say it rivals The Avengers and Iron Man for Marvel's best movie. I give it a 9.5/10 as it has some really great action sequences, a nice political thriller vibe, good character arcs, and ties into many of the Marvel's past movies.
I loved the Captain America movie! It was awesome, good in 3D too
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Anyone see the new 300 movie?
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Bud Lee wrote:Anyone see the new 300 movie?
Yes and it was better than most sequels are. Action packed as you would expect
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I finally saw The Desolation of Smaug and this is about how I felt after watching, like a big $#ore

That wasn't just deviating from the book, it was sacrificing the story in order to squeeze every last drop of the Almighty Dollah they can get from the franchise. Now they get their 3rd movie when it only needed 2. Maybe they can include some Tolkien fan-fiction and just go Star-Trek with the whole thing.

===

Banshee is still every bit of ridiculous at the end of two seasons as it was from the premiere, :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bud Lee wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Just saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier today and it was great. For me, I'd say it rivals The Avengers and Iron Man for Marvel's best movie. I give it a 9.5/10 as it has some really great action sequences, a nice political thriller vibe, good character arcs, and ties into many of the Marvel's past movies.
I loved the Captain America movie! It was awesome, good in 3D too
Yeah Captain America was solid, but after seeing the new spider man movie, I'm getting a little tired of these comic book hero movies.

The plots are so weak and thin, to me if someone like Christopher Nolan is involved, I feel like I'm watching the same thing over and over.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:I finally saw The Desolation of Smaug and this is about how I felt after watching, like a big $#ore

That wasn't just deviating from the book, it was sacrificing the story in order to squeeze every last drop of the Almighty Dollah they can get from the franchise. Now they get their 3rd movie when it only needed 2. Maybe they can include some Tolkien fan-fiction and just go Star-Trek with the whole thing.

===

Banshee is still every bit of ridiculous at the end of two seasons as it was from the premiere, :lol:
The Hobbits are nothing compared to the LOTR triology. They are definitely still well made movies, and I appreciate them including tidbits from the Silmarillion, but oh boy do they differ the book. But like you said, that's what they get for trying to make 3 movies out of one book that isn't even that long. Heck if anything, they should have made 9 LOTR movies, and only 1 Hobbit.

Meh.

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Just watched The Lone Ranger on DVD. Johnny Depp is just hilarious. Overall not bad I'd give it 7-8 out of 10.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Just say the new X Men movie....they KILLED IT! AWESOME movie and it totally fixed and made up for X Men: last stand that was simply horrible and f'ed up the whole the thing
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

As someone who knows the real story of Blackbeard, I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am in the show Crossbones. I refuse to watch it as a result. The real story of Edward Teach/Thatch is far more interesting than the drivel they are producing. Take all the creative licensing you want with the real story such as Cesar, Gov Spotswood, etc but this nonsense that he somehow lives on after Ocracoke Inlet is absurd. Blackbeard was in the right place at the right time and this notion that he could live 20 years later and still be terrorizing the seas is just plain stupid.

I know its fictional entertainment but this is where the historian in me believes the truth is FAR more interesting and entertaining.

vs

Maybe they should do the "new legend of Geez" where he was the most famous hair-dresser of Nazareth.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Finally watched Divergent" this evening... Strangely compelling flick.

While I haven't read any of the books, the plot line reminds me of a Robert Heinlein story I read 40 years ago, with a more violent plot line.

Overall, I would give it 7-8/10. Not bad, but not great.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Went to Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday and it was one of the best movies that Marvel has made. Nice blend of comedy, action, and heartfelt emotion. They've outdone themselves in turning one of their most obscure comics into a movie anyone could like. By the end of the film, you'll end up having some feelings for among other things, a talking raccoon and a walking tree.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

greenyellow wrote:Went to Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday and it was one of the best movies that Marvel has made. Nice blend of comedy, action, and heartfelt emotion. They've outdone themselves in turning one of their most obscure comics into a movie anyone could like. By the end of the film, you'll end up having some feelings for among other things, a talking raccoon and a walking tree.
It was truly amazing what they did. I saw it opening night and went again last night.