Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Paris Terrorist Attacks

Post by UOducksTK1 »

They are saying 128 dead. Islamic State claims responsibility. Sad day for France, praying for the families of those who passed away and for the nation.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Paris Terrorist Attacks

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I consider myself a compassionate person, empathetic & embrace humanity so it is beyond comprehension that people actually spend every waking hour envisioning how to kill other people.

These life forms (I don't consider them people or even human) hide behind their concept of what religion is (even though it's been proven it has nothing to do with being Islamic for that matter) to try to justify their thirst for killing. On the surface they claim it to be about religion, but if you have studied anything about Islam or those who follow Islam (Muslims), their actions go completely against everything held sacred. An analogy I read today: It would be like claiming Christians all belong to the KKK.

How does a normal human being prepare themselves against this type of evil? I really don't think you can because their minds have no boundaries, sense of decency or morals that would make them even stop to consider "this is wrong". That is the scariest thing of all. They abuse women & children (sexually & physically) for their own pleasure. This is a mortal sin in Islam. Obviously these guys write their own rules.

The one thing that proves they are all about nothing but killing is they have never stopped to even notice that decent human beings still bond together, support one another & are defiant in the face of their evil. They gain nothing by what they do (has any nation left the Middle East because they are afraid of them? NO.) Not many policy changes except more security restrictions, no change in political climate, etc. - nothing) but they don't care because it's all about killing.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I can't quite agree with you about them not being human. Unfortunately, they are being very human, perhaps evil human, but human. In all of us is the seed of violence. Just threaten someone's child and you will see how quickly we revert to violence. Violence it self is not necessary bad. We can channel it into protecting our child or defending the helpless and that's not bad.

What is bad is when humans use it to achieve the most addictive drug in the world power. Why is the middle east such a churning vortex of violence now and why was it in the middle ages? Because power is there. In the past even before Islam a power flowed through the middle east. We call it the "Silk road" from trade routes from Asia came through Iraq, Israel and Egypt and terminated at the Mediterranean. Spice and silk were worth more than drugs are now. That what the Crusades were really over, not religion. Now it's oil that is the power. These people don't care about foreigners except as an excuse they want power to hurt who they want, control everyone around them and feel the high of power to see themselves as the lords of what they see.

Off my soapbox now.

Quietduck
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Quietduck wrote:I can't quite agree with you about them not being human. Unfortunately, they are being very human, perhaps evil human, but human. In all of us is the seed of violence. Just threaten someone's child and you will see how quickly we revert to violence. Violence it self is not necessary bad. We can channel it into protecting our child or defending the helpless and that's not bad.

What is bad is when humans use it to achieve the most addictive drug in the world power. Why is the middle east such a churning vortex of violence now and why was it in the middle ages? Because power is there. In the past even before Islam a power flowed through the middle east. We call it the "Silk road" from trade routes from Asia came through Iraq, Israel and Egypt and terminated at the Mediterranean. Spice and silk were worth more than drugs are now. That what the Crusades were really over, not religion. Now it's oil that is the power. These people don't care about foreigners except as an excuse they want power to hurt who they want, control everyone around them and feel the high of power to see themselves as the lords of what they see.

Off my soapbox now.

Quietduck
Unfortunately you are correct about violence being part of our "nature", but I like to think that being a human instills in you that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you are stepping over the line. I'm still hopeful for complete peace one day.

So here's a thought (yes, it's a dream)...........a United States creates enough solar energy to completely rid itself of needing to be anywhere near the Middle East and it's oil. And the rest of the world also follows suit with alternative energy sources. ISIS would just be sitting on a bunch of worthless sand = NO POWER.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I consider myself a compassionate person, empathetic & embrace humanity so it is beyond comprehension that people actually spend every waking hour envisioning how to kill other people.

These life forms (I don't consider them people or even human) hide behind their concept of what religion is (even though it's been proven it has nothing to do with being Islamic for that matter) to try to justify their thirst for killing. On the surface they claim it to be about religion, but if you have studied anything about Islam or those who follow Islam (Muslims), their actions go completely against everything held sacred. An analogy I read today: It would be like claiming Christians all belong to the KKK.

How does a normal human being prepare themselves against this type of evil? I really don't think you can because their minds have no boundaries, sense of decency or morals that would make them even stop to consider "this is wrong". That is the scariest thing of all. They abuse women & children (sexually & physically) for their own pleasure. This is a mortal sin in Islam. Obviously these guys write their own rules.

The one thing that proves they are all about nothing but killing is they have never stopped to even notice that decent human beings still bond together, support one another & are defiant in the face of their evil. They gain nothing by what they do (has any nation left the Middle East because they are afraid of them? NO.) Not many policy changes except more security restrictions, no change in political climate, etc. - nothing) but they don't care because it's all about killing.
I don't get this. You come to this topic not to give support to the people who were murdered/effected, but to give an essay about how Islam is like Christians and that these people acted contrary to the the fundamental beliefs of Islam? Why is everybody in media/society a Muslim apologist? And how does everybody claim to be experts in the Qur'an when they have likely never read it. MFRduck, I don't mean to be rude, but have you actually ever read the Qur'an and read what it says or do you get your ideas of Islam from what you hear from others? I cannot imagine it being the former since there is no way you would have written the response you wrote.

Even westernized/secular Muslim's recognize that the writings of the Qur'an are contrary to the ideals of western society and they are attempting to reform Islam, and good for then. So how can we be so ignorant? I have spoken with friends/family who are secular Muslim and we engage in civil debate. Whenever I bring up the topic of how fundamentalist Islam supports ISIS and other extreme Muslim organizations, they say that Islam is changing and that many of the verses are no longer applicable.

So the analogy that Christians/KKK is similar to Islam/ISIS is entirely flawed. Fundamental Islam condones many of the actions of ISIS, while fundamental Christianity opposes the KKK.

Listen, I understand the emotions, but letting our emotions to lead us to ignore things we as a society are doing to help terrorists (like being allied and supportive of Turkey/opening up our borders to Syrian refugees/not supporting Israel) and to ignore opportunities we have to hurt Islamic terrorism would be a TERRIBLE error and would only exacerbate the problem.

I'd just like to finish by saying that this breaks my heart and I pray to the Lord to provide comfort to the people who were murdered and their families, and that these terrorists be stricken down.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I consider myself a compassionate person, empathetic & embrace humanity so it is beyond comprehension that people actually spend every waking hour envisioning how to kill other people.

First of, prayers all day for those the families of those injured or killed in the terrorist attacks. It truly breaks my heart to see all of this happen. However, I can't let people just make offensive statements without rebuttal. I usually keep my mouth shut on this forum over these issues as forum admin, but this is the off topic section, so I'm finally going to speak my mind...

I'd like to comment on the bolded section, I don't believe what you are comparing makes sense. KKK is fundamentally anything but a Bible believing Christian group. They claim Geez isn't a Jew, which is biblical blasphemy. They also claim we should only be a white race, which has no biblical backing. "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.” John 7:24, "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him." Romans 10:12, "But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors." James 2:9, and there's like 20 other verses to condemn their racist behavior. I could go on and on with examples, but I'll let you do your research. They've allowed human defined concepts to corrupt any Christian basis they claim.

On the contrary, the majority of what ISIS claims actually aligns with the Qur'an. With all do respect, I don't believe you know much about Islam when you reside in a primarily non-diverse town of Meford, Oregon. I'm half Iranian and half my family is muslim. If you know or understand any peaceful muslim these days, you'll notice they have a very contemporary approach to the religion and Qur'an. They actually want to get away from some of they very underlying beliefs of Islam. They desire to obsolete some of the genocidal verses and beliefs, and actually diverge from some of the fundamentals to salvage their religion. So if anything, contemporary/peaceful muslims are NOT following their book, whereas ISIS are more devout followers. With all that being said, the muslim side of my family is so friendly and kind and I love them very much. But even they are willing to point out that ISIS is merely doing what the book says.

Honestly, I found your post particularly offensive, and all I ask is you be a little more careful with throwing out hateful statements like that. I know you mean well and have a good heart. I've always appreciated your contributions to this forum, but please be careful with comparisons. It's a slippery slope.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

It's time

Post by nogerO »

for the civilized countries in the world to form a huge coalition and completely surround these cockroaches and then close the circle and eradicate this infestation. There will be no peace in the world until every last one of these sonsabitches are dead. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves. It's time for the moderate muslims to start showing their displeasure with this scum in a very visible and vocal way.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Honest question for you all: if you knew that the way to defeat ISIS was to get involved with a war that had a good chance, let's say 50%, of becoming as big as World War Two, would you want to do it?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Tray Dub wrote:Honest question for you all: if you knew that the way to defeat ISIS was to get involved with a war that had a good chance, let's say 50%, of becoming as big as World War Two, would you want to do it?
Honest answer: Aren't you glad you don't speak German and say Seig Heil!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Tray Dub wrote:Honest question for you all: if you knew that the way to defeat ISIS was to get involved with a war that had a good chance, let's say 50%, of becoming as big as World War Two, would you want to do it?
Absolutely.
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Sadly, Lyon may be compelled to cancel the annual Fete des Lumieres which takes place during the first week of December every year. Literally millions of people come from throughout the world for this spectacular light show. My sister, brother-in-law and nephew will be here this year to see it in person.

Here is just a sample of this wonderful show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZFl8dUkPE

Notice the plane that we flew on?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

First of, prayers all day for those the families of those injured or killed in the terrorist attacks. It truly breaks my heart to see all of this happen. However, I can't let people just make offensive statements without rebuttal. I usually keep my mouth shut on this forum over these issues as forum admin, but this is the off topic section, so I'm finally going to speak my mind...

I'd like to comment on the bolded section, I don't believe what you are comparing makes sense. KKK is fundamentally anything but a Bible believing Christian group. They claim Geez isn't a Jew, which is biblical blasphemy. They also claim we should only be a white race, which has no biblical backing. "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.” John 7:24, "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him." Romans 10:12, "But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors." James 2:9, and there's like 20 other verses to condemn their racist behavior. I could go on and on with examples, but I'll let you do your research. They've allowed human defined concepts to corrupt any Christian basis they claim.

On the contrary, the majority of what ISIS claims actually aligns with the Qur'an. With all do respect, I don't believe you know much about Islam when you reside in a primarily non-diverse town of Meford, Oregon. I'm half Iranian and half my family is muslim. If you know or understand any peaceful muslim these days, you'll notice they have a very contemporary approach to the religion and Qur'an. They actually want to get away from some of they very underlying beliefs of Islam. They desire to obsolete some of the genocidal verses and beliefs, and actually diverge from some of the fundamentals to salvage their religion. So if anything, contemporary/peaceful muslims are NOT following their book, whereas ISIS are more devout followers. With all that being said, the muslim side of my family is so friendly and kind and I love them very much. But even they are willing to point out that ISIS is merely doing what the book says.

Honestly, I found your post particularly offensive, and all I ask is you be a little more careful with throwing out hateful statements like that. I know you mean well and have a good heart. I've always appreciated your contributions to this forum, but please be careful with comparisons. It's a slippery slope.
Hateful? Not at all. What are you talking about? I believe Muslims are a peaceful & loving people. I was just simply saying that many people are trying to claim Muslims are ISIS and that is not true. If you thought I was being disrespectful, that is not my intention at all. I obviously did not make it clear in my post.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
Hateful? Not at all. What are you talking about? I believe Muslims are a peaceful & loving people. I was just simply saying that many people are trying to claim Muslims are ISIS and that is not true. If you thought I was being disrespectful, that is not my intention at all. I obviously did not make it clear in my post.
Not to pile on MFR, but I just wonder when people are going to wise up about Muslims in the middle east. How can you keep saying they are a 'peaceful and loving people' when they are committing atrocities in every part of the world where they border on non-Muslim countries? The outer edges of the Muslim world in every corner are on fire. The religion itself was started by a man who murdered, raped, and pillaged, formed treaties and then attacked while his enemies were standing down. You talk about doing research on Islam, but it seems fairly obvious that you haven't done any. In Islam, there are two sections of the world, the Territory of Islam (Dar al Islam), and the Territory of War (Dar al Harb). Guess which one Paris is in?

I found TK's post informative about the half of his family that is Muslim, but as he says, they are not following the main branch of Islam. The main branch is all about literally taking over the world with a combination of war, strategic diplomacy, and out-breeding everyone else. To somehow compare this to Christianity is insanely ignorant.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran ... olence.htm

Here is a link to a litany of verses calling for violence against non believers.

One thing I wish though, was that Muslims spent more time as missionaries and trying to get converts if they feel so strongly than just immediately going into violent actions. Maybe I'm naive but I don't know of missionary work being commonplace in the Muslim community.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I understand the point that mfr was stating though. As a Christian, it is infuriating that people compare a group like the westboro Baptist church to myself when they are so far removed from anything Christian or Christ like.