If we had a real president he would say the following:

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

If we had a real president he would say the following:

Post by QuackAttack92 »

I realize there's been some unfortunate incidents between law enforcement and citizens in recent days...However, the legal process will play out and in the meantime there will be zero tolerance for any looting, rioting, destruction of property and violence that endangers the lives of others. The vast majority of cops are selfless individuals that willingly put themselves in harm's way each and every day, and I've given them the full authority to keep order in the streets and ensure the safety of the general public.
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: If we had a real president he would say the following:

Post by pezsez1 »

You're in the wrong forum!
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Agree completely.

And he should also encourage individuals to please comply with cops.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Here is what you're looking for: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9769&hilit=duck07+politics

Looks like it hasn't had some action in awhile, but perhaps you could start things back up. Looks like there are others on this forum who will agree with you.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

I know I broke the rules its just sickening to me whats going on Im sorry lock this is if you want
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Moved but left the link so it has a chance to generate discussion.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The BLM protesters rolled by my office downtown a little while ago... Unfortunately, we live in a grievance culture where everyone has been wronged, or oppressed, or whatever the latest buzz word is, and therefore is devoid of responsibility for their actions. The leadership in this country and many communities has only conflated this. It's really disgusting when you take a second to realize while this country is far from perfect, we have it pretty darn good. Especially in comparison to the majority of the world. Never mind the fact that countless men and women, far better than most of us, gave their lives to ensure that that remained the case.

Things like the soaring single parenthood rate (the biggest determiner of inter-generational poverty) are what is destroying our society. Not the police. Want to change the world? Graduate high school, get a job and hold it, marry your GF/BF, and raise your children.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I do understand BLM, I get the issues behind it, but it seems counterintuitive to fight violence with violence. Luckily I was on an audit so I was on the client site in Beaverton today not the office in west side downtown Portland, I received an email from a coworker that there was some rioting outside the office. Sadly, these are all kids protesting, hardly any adults. They think they're supposed to be "heard" and that they know it all and take matters into their own hands, but due to lack of maturity they react purely out of emotions which creates these violent protests and blocking traffic where a lot of people this is hurting probably agree with their cause. We have a government that has reached a new level of delusion teaching that everyone can be what they want a be and somehow despite being no benefit to society, there is this belief that they are entitled to behave this way. It's unfortunate our government caters to this belief. We don't have a real president unfortunately nor do we have a real presidential candidate. We have a president who takes things to social media without thinking and two crazy candidates, one who is too emotionally involved to be a true leader and one whose ethics don't really exist. Unfortunately I would say looking at how young people are behaving, we have the leadership we deserve, which is sad. Somehow we need to find the voice of reasoning, one that doesn't have to counter protests with demeaning the BLM movement, one that understands it's impossible to experience all walks of life and instead of discrediting what we don't understand, we listen and accommodate. Not sure if that exists, but while our country is still very good, it's heading down the wrong path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by soduck »

Who was the last person you consider was a " real " president, OF4L?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

soduck wrote:Who was the last person you consider was a " real " president, OF4L?

I lean Republican and we haven't had a good candidate since 92. I thought George w was a good candidate in 2000 but in hindsight he was average at very best.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Agree completely.

And he should also encourage individuals to please comply with cops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

This should not be in this forum. Not the place for this discussion.

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lmduck wrote:This should not be in this forum. Not the place for this discussion.

I couldn't agree more, the day before a Duck game and this BS is the most popular topic? I get enough F..ing politics shoved down my throat without coming here to talk Ducks. Very disappointed.........
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

This is in Off-topic, you can turn off updates from it if you like.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

If we had a real president... man, is there any way to hide this shitty thread title from the main forum, or do we just have to wait for legit topics to bury it?