GrantDuck
Senior

LeBron James is a Fraud and a Bum

Post by GrantDuck »

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: LeBron James is a Fraud and a Bum

Post by StevensTechU »

I've long been on the side of thinking people are far (far, far) too critical of LeBron. He's one of the greatest players of all time and stand-up guy. Besides maybe being more whiney on the court than I'd like, I think he's been a heck of an ambassador for the game.

And then came this. I think this is one of dumbest takes of all time. This essentially says "There is a price for free speech, and I'm unwilling to pay for it, even though I'll still have many millions anyway." Hate to throw the "un-American" label around, but damn, not standing up for democracy (Hong Kong's) and free speech (Morey's) is just gross.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

To be fair, the NBA said the same thing, but then changed their mind when the realized their PR was at stake... lols...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Tough subject....... Takes me back to "shut up and sing!"
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:Tough subject....... Takes me back to "shut up and sing!"
That's the actual problem. China told the NBA to shut up and dribble after 3 years of players fighting back against Trumps rhetoric about standing for the flag. The biggest sports star in the world then told people they were uneducated to hold a viewpoint that is counter to the official position of the Chinese government and then later tweeted that he doesn't want to talk about the substance of it all.

It's complete cowardice on his part but then again it's also pretty funny to expect him to do anything else after the league capitulated. I'm just surprised he decided to have his own hold my beer moment.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I said "dumb," but "cowardice" is a much more appropriate term. Or chicken s***.