When do the riots/looting start over this?

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: When do the riots/looting start over this?

Post by duckduckgoose »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:Get ready for another period of rioting, destruction, and death once the jury rules to acquit Derek Chauvin of the charge of murder against Floyd (exactly how I predicted 1 month after Floyd's death).

At this point, there is a better chance of his drug dealer being charged with murder (3rd degree, I think) than Mr. Chauvin.

The facts of the trial are - not surprinsgly - very different than what you have been told in the media.

Would be nice if the DOJ/FBI spent as much time tracking down all the people who incited violence across the country for 3 straight months as they did for a riot that resulted in 1 death.

Politicians/media/SJW's push false race narrative in accidental death of citizen by a woman police officer (manslaughter) in Minnesota a couple of days ago. The result? Riots/destruction for 2 straight nights.

On a similar note: The officer who shot a black male in Kenosha, Wisc (sadly, the man who was shot is now paralyzed) over the summer has rightly been dropped of all charges and is back on the police force.

Expect false narratives and deceptive media coverage to result in rioting in Kenosha the next few days.
Seriously? I’m not sure what you’ve been watching, but the prosecutors case has been pretty airtight. The trial is being filmed and you can see the spoken testimony against Chauvin is pretty compelling. How is the mainstream media changing the facts? None of the expert witnesses for the prosecution thought that Chauvins actions were legitimate. The one expert witness that the defense called said Floyd died from car exhaust?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I’ve been watching the majority of trial in the background while working so I’m not I’ll informed.

Depending on which charge we are discussing, I think the defense has shown that there is not enough to convict.

Disagree on the expert witnesses. Won’t go into detail for brevity’s sake, but there have been flaws in the arguments of defense and use of witnesses outside their expertise in certain areas of questioning.

Long story short: media coverage has been 99% supporting the prosecution so that if there is an acquittal, they are guaranteeing for violence and rioting.

Additionally, media is highlighting police interactions with Minnesota in the last week? Obviously a move to put pressure to influence jury. They are literally driving through riots to get to the trial each day. Think that doesn’t influence your decision as a juror?
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:Get ready for another period of rioting, destruction, and death once the jury rules to acquit Derek Chauvin of the charge of murder against Floyd (exactly how I predicted 1 month after Floyd's death).

At this point, there is a better chance of his drug dealer being charged with murder (3rd degree, I think) than Mr. Chauvin.

The facts of the trial are - not surprinsgly - very different than what you have been told in the media.

Would be nice if the DOJ/FBI spent as much time tracking down all the people who incited violence across the country for 3 straight months as they did for a riot that resulted in 1 death.

Politicians/media/SJW's push false race narrative in accidental death of citizen by a woman police officer (manslaughter) in Minnesota a couple of days ago. The result? Riots/destruction for 2 straight nights.

On a similar note: The officer who shot a black male in Kenosha, Wisc (sadly, the man who was shot is now paralyzed) over the summer has rightly been dropped of all charges and is back on the police force.

Expect false narratives and deceptive media coverage to result in rioting in Kenosha the next few days.
Seriously? I’m not sure what you’ve been watching, but the prosecutors case has been pretty airtight. The trial is being filmed and you can see the spoken testimony against Chauvin is pretty compelling. How is the mainstream media changing the facts? None of the expert witnesses for the prosecution thought that Chauvins actions were legitimate. The one expert witness that the defense called said Floyd died from car exhaust?

You don’t see a problem when everyone rushes to call for racism whenever there is an interaction with police? Many times, the original narrative hasn’t been true in multiple cases. Don’t u see how this is a problem and is used to fuel violenc an discord?

People in influence - media/politicians - should immediately tell the public to wait for the facts to bear out and to let justice play its course, right? That seems like the right thing to do. Yet they always play into racial narratives before the facts are known for sure. Always.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

When do the riots/looting start over this?

Post by duckduckgoose »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:

You don’t see a problem when everyone rushes to call for racism whenever there is an interaction with police? Many times, the original narrative hasn’t been true in multiple cases. Don’t u see how this is a problem and is used to fuel violenc an discord?

People in influence - media/politicians - should immediately tell the public to wait for the facts to bear out and to let justice play its course, right? That seems like the right thing to do. Yet they always play into racial narratives before the facts are known for sure. Always.
I do have a problem with that but that isn’t what you wrote in the original post. You were insinuating that the mainstream media was purposely trying to lie to sow racial discord. Chauvin may or may not be a racist but kneeling on someone’s neck for 9 plus minutes makes him a bad cop and a psychopath. Every report I’ve read or watched shows that every expert that testified said that what Chauvin did was not good policing and illegal use of force.
If you watched any of the testimony the only way you can see Chauvin walking out a free man is if the jury has a racist who will deadlock the jury.
If you think I’m just some minority with a hate for the police, I’m not. My sister worked for the Portland police bureau for many years and met many of her colleagues. I love good cops but cops like Chauvin need to be weeded out of police forces.

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Chauvin should see a charge of 3rd degree murder, which is applicable in Minnesota. That is airtight IMO. The trouble is trying to stick him with a 2nd degree murder charge which is harder to get to stick.

As for the other 3 cops, they should not be charged at all or only with very minor crimes. Trying to get them for aiding and abetting 2nd degree murder should lead to "not guilty" verdicts. Which if that is the case, the general public will literally riot, even though those are heavily inflated charges. A big problem right now, is that common sense and rationale are not common place. Instead, the knee jerk, emotional reaction is what we see and frankly what the media wants to incite. I think that is what ddsnoop was alluding to.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I guess the issue I have is that there is really no evidence of racism. I mean, has anyone actually heard Chauvin say or write anything that betrays a racist lifestyle/attitude, or that this incident was at all racially motivated? Police do this kind of stuff, whether the person is white or black. Why can't we all just decry the inhumane treatment and come together and fix the training or whatever needs to happen? I mean, we all watched this incident in shock and anger and wanting justice, and then gradually people get separated as various groups try to make their political hay over it. That is the problem with the media - they seem hell bent on making everything about race and pitting groups against each other, amplifying voices that are not interested in building up a strong, harmonious society, but in tearing everything down. It doesn't fix anything, it just makes it worse.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Phalanx wrote:I guess the issue I have is that there is really no evidence of racism. I mean, has anyone actually heard Chauvin say or write anything that betrays a racist lifestyle/attitude, or that this incident was at all racially motivated? Police do this kind of stuff, whether the person is white or black. Why can't we all just decry the inhumane treatment and come together and fix the training or whatever needs to happen? I mean, we all watched this incident in shock and anger and wanting justice, and then gradually people get separated as various groups try to make their political hay over it. That is the problem with the media - they seem hell bent on making everything about race and pitting groups against each other, amplifying voices that are not interested in building up a strong, harmonious society, but in tearing everything down. It doesn't fix anything, it just makes it worse.
Exactly. To say that if one of the juror doesn't move to convict might indicate that there he/she is a racist is perfect example of people buying the false narrative being shoved down their throats.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I have to say that as a former deputy sheriff, there is no doubt that I witnessed acts that I would find "excessive".

I also found that the majority of law enforcement people (and yes, they are people, not machines) I interacted with are decent human beings trying their best to serve the community.

Some people are jerks or thugs, regardless of their title. That doesn't make the entire nationwide system suspect. It also doesn't justify riots, violence, looting, or other criminal acts.

I pray that there will be some leader rise up who is more in the mold of MLK, who promoted civil disobedience, without the outright violence and hatred that is so prevalent now.

This country is in a mess, and the current leadership and media focus is doing little to improve the situation.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

woundedknees wrote:I have to say that as a former deputy sheriff, there is no doubt that I witnessed acts that I would find "excessive".

I also found that the majority of law enforcement people (and yes, they are people, not machines) I interacted with are decent human beings trying their best to serve the community.

Some people are jerks or thugs, regardless of their title. That doesn't make the entire nationwide system suspect. It also doesn't justify riots, violence, looting, or other criminal acts.

I pray that there will be some leader rise up who is more in the mold of MLK, who promoted civil disobedience, without the outright violence and hatred that is so prevalent now.

This country is in a mess, and the current leadership and media focus is doing little to improve the situation.
The narrative about the police being a problem (on a national scale) is a false narrative. The statistics regarding police violence have gone down in most key statistics over the past 10 years, but nobody was concerned about it prior to that. It is not a coincidence. Media/politicians have coordinated to create a false narrative over the past 10 years related to BLM/police violence. What is the benefit, you ask? 1- more votes 2-more money 3- more control 4- more power 5- more influence.

Mission accomplished.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:

I do have a problem with that but that isn’t what you wrote in the original post. You were insinuating that the mainstream media was purposely trying to lie to sow racial discord. Chauvin may or may not be a racist but kneeling on someone’s neck for 9 plus minutes makes him a bad cop and a psychopath. Every report I’ve read or watched shows that every expert that testified said that what Chauvin did was not good policing and illegal use of force.
If you watched any of the testimony the only way you can see Chauvin walking out a free man is if the jury has a racist who will deadlock the jury.
If you think I’m just some minority with a hate for the police, I’m not. My sister worked for the Portland police bureau for many years and met many of her colleagues. I love good cops but cops like Chauvin need to be weeded out of police forces.

"Every report I’ve read or watched shows that every expert that testified said that what Chauvin did was not good policing and illegal use of force. "

"If you watched any of the testimony the only way you can see Chauvin walking out a free man is if the jury has a racist who will deadlock the jury. "

Both of these statements are indicative of the point I am making re: media influence on the public. 99% of the coverage is pro-prosecution. Do you realize this?
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
woundedknees wrote:I have to say that as a former deputy sheriff, there is no doubt that I witnessed acts that I would find "excessive".

The narrative about the police being a problem (on a national scale) is a false narrative. The statistics regarding police violence have gone down in most key statistics over the past 10 years, but nobody was concerned about it prior to that. It is not a coincidence. Media/politicians have coordinated to create a false narrative over the past 10 years related to BLM/police violence. What is the benefit, you ask? 1- more votes 2-more money 3- more control 4- more power 5- more influence.

Mission accomplished.
I think the main goal is just what they think drives: views, clicks, ratings etc.

Riling up the masses is what increases viewership, at least in the eyes of the producers etc. If you look at any media source, Youtubers etc they say they typically see 3-4x the traffic on negative articles than positive. A minor example, is a geography show I watch, will say "Top 10 best states to live" and "Top 10 worst states to live", the worst video will have disproportionally more viewership.

All that said, their narrative that they are pushing is inherently false. Washington Post (left leaning newspaper) did the research and found that 13 unarmed black men were killed by police in 2019. If you go to any average BLM rally you'll often hear, "they're gunning us down in the streets daily". That is statically false. Of the 13 that were unarmed, there is evidence that all 13 were in the act of a crime / resisting / had warrants. 8 of the 13 were physically engaged and 3 were running. The George Floyd death was tragic, but a total and complete outlier.

What should have been a unifying event, to say "Police are here to serve and protect and 99% of the time they do, but this instance was a failure" was instead used as a force to push false narratives for the sake of clickbait.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

The end result of those false narratives (that no one brings up), there were about 30 deaths just during the George Floyd "peaceful protests".

Police forces were stripped and made out to be the bad guys across the nation. Here is what happened year over year...

- Nationwide, 36.7% increase in murder

- Seattle saw a 74% increase in murder

- Chicago saw an increase in murder by 50%

- New York saw a 40% increase in murder

- LA saw a 30% increase in murder

- Portland saw a 50% increase in murder

Why aren't we outraged about these!

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/06/95325462 ... ic-in-2020
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

"The day after the judge in the Derek Chauvin case begged elected officials to NOT opine on the case during jury deliberations, the top Democratic elected officials in the city, county, state & country ALL opined on the case & demanded guilty verdicts."
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:I’ve been watching the majority of trial in the background while working so I’m not I’ll informed.

Depending on which charge we are discussing, I think the defense has shown that there is not enough to convict.

Disagree on the expert witnesses. Won’t go into detail for brevity’s sake, but there have been flaws in the arguments of defense and use of witnesses outside their expertise in certain areas of questioning.

Long story short: media coverage has been 99% supporting the prosecution so that if there is an acquittal, they are guaranteeing for violence and rioting.

Additionally, media is highlighting police interactions with Minnesota in the last week? Obviously a move to put pressure to influence jury. They are literally driving through riots to get to the trial each day. Think that doesn’t influence your decision as a juror?
Looks like jury has been influenced by media coverage, political pressure, continuous rioting in the city of the jurors, and fear of retribution for decision to acquit. Can't say I blame them, however.

Justice will not be served today.

Those commenting on the ongoing litigation should be held responsible.
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

Justice served. 9 minutes on a man’s neck is 9 minutes too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk