Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Post by Alan »

Are Rolovich's actions all about himself too?
Yes, without a doubt. He risked his job and player, staff and others safety by his choice, he had a choice, he made it. Anyone who has ever played team sports knows their is “no I in team”. He was all about “I”. The 1905 Supreme Court decision will trump all lawsuits. On. The other hand maybe Rolovich simply wanted out lol.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Alan wrote:
Are Rolovich's actions all about himself too?
Yes, without a doubt. He risked his job and player, staff and others safety by his choice, he had a choice, he made it. Anyone who has ever played team sports knows their is “no I in team”. He was all about “I”. The 1905 Supreme Court decision will trump all lawsuits. On. The other hand maybe Rolovich simply wanted out lol.
SCOTUS has already ruled in 2020 that the case you are referring to does not hold precedence in many of the cases coming through the docket to SCOTUS citing the narrow scope limitation of the Jacobson case.
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

Quietduck wrote:
Alan wrote:Yup, you are dancing around my questions, I assume you think it is okay for 65 and older to die, 727,000 deaths don’t matter….. done. Lots of non vaccine believers getting fire and it will not end. Stay on your soap box and watch people pass you by while you scream how unfair it is, lol.
Alan as an outsider your feet are dancing a whole lot more than Snoop. Is it ok for those over 65 to die? Given the average lifespan of Americans that's exactly when almost all of us are going to die without regard to the current run of diseases. Nobody gets out of life alive and few even make it to 80.
I don't care if its covid or comorbidities or cancer almost all of us are going to die after 65 and that's just the way it is.
Maybe the dumbest post I have read on this site.

Are you a mortician? I hear they have a weird take on things and life in general.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

rentdodger wrote:
Quietduck wrote:
Alan wrote:Yup, you are dancing around my questions, I assume you think it is okay for 65 and older to die, 727,000 deaths don’t matter….. done. Lots of non vaccine believers getting fire and it will not end. Stay on your soap box and watch people pass you by while you scream how unfair it is, lol.
Alan as an outsider your feet are dancing a whole lot more than Snoop. Is it ok for those over 65 to die? Given the average lifespan of Americans that's exactly when almost all of us are going to die without regard to the current run of diseases. Nobody gets out of life alive and few even make it to 80.
I don't care if its covid or comorbidities or cancer almost all of us are going to die after 65 and that's just the way it is.
Maybe the dumbest post I have read on this site.

Are you a mortician? I hear they have a weird take on things and life in general.
Rentdodger, what are your thoughts on the woman being refused a liver transplant in Colorado for not being vaccinated? Should the hospital be withholding life-saving services based on her vaccination status?
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

Alan,

I don’t respond to Snoop the bookkeeper mainly because it’s a waste of time. Google creates lots of experts. The point I would make as someone that owned a business, sold vaccines in a previous life and responsible for employee welfare from all walks of life and viewpoints.

You are right. The decisions regarding public health are many layered. Liability coverage, healthcare coverage decisions and employee safety from severe illness and death have factored into these mandates. As you accurately state guardrails ave been implemented through history. Like it or not, they are here and will be both exercised by government and corporate entities. Don’t like it……..go find another job. Liability and health insurance companies are driving some of that. If you are in a position that you have to pay those costs as an employer, it’s not a tough call.

Btw-I probably would fire Snoop the bookkeeper for being here 24/7 and on business time. Someone is getting shortchanged on production.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Btw-I probably would fire Snoop the bookkeeper for being here 24/7 and on business time. Someone is getting shortchanged on production
Lol, you are right, I have been an employer for many years, I know all about insurance rates and the hassle of covering for a employee out sick…… I get on them for coming to work sick, because it goes through everyone, they are sent home if they are sick! Period. Spending your time posting on the internet on company is a warning than immediatel termination. Get back to work snoop! Lol

Thanks for the post
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Proof Snoop got the better of Alan and Dodger, their unnecessary derogatory remarks and making assumptions based only on his activity on a forum. Those were some sad responses, Snoop brings facts/logical arguments only to be responded with ad hominem attacks.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Funny enough, they are actually right....just not in the way they think. I have been spending the last couple of hours doing some personal budgeting (i.e. bookkeeping) on my day off.
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Proof Snoop got the better of Alan and Dodger, their unnecessary derogatory remarks and making assumptions based only on his activity on a forum. Those were some sad responses, Snoop brings facts/logical arguments only to be responded with ad hominem attacks.

The refs made me do it fanboy.

Make sure you tap into your wife’s midol during the UCLA game. It might help with those in game cramps.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

Guys this thread has for the most part stayed off personal attacks (as much as can be expected on an anonymous forum anyway), let's keep it that way. I don't think that there any situations that we need to make personal attacks like the last few posts have started moving towards. I guarantee if we all met up at a Ducks game there would be nothing but beer and fun.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The thing about Rolovich and his "putting others at risk" is that there isn't actually any proof that notion is somehow true for him but not for the vaccinated.

If masks work then he and others should be able to wear a mask indoors in lieu of being vaccinated if various civic entities want to enforce these mandates.

If the mandates were based upon a firm scientific understanding of Covid, then Natural Immunity would be held in the same regard or higher than being vaccinated.

None of this is actually about "safety" and fortunately enough people seem to realize that.

Now Bless your hearts and Let's Go Brandon!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I’ve stayed on the sidelines because I’m not as emotionally invested in this as others are. For what it’s worth, I am vaccinated. The one thing that creates confusion for me with this vaccination compared to the vaccinations of my youth are that the COVID vaccinated are still actually contracting the disease and passing it along. So, I don’t understand the mandates. Seems an extreme position to take given those facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Alan wrote:
Quietduck wrote:

But most take precautions to live longer, the excuse they are old let them die is insulting, even implying their old, people die is insulting!
Not insulting just a fact. Some die young some die old but all die and it's a fact that the older you are the more likely you will die of anything from car accidents to Covid. Are they each a tragedy for the family, yes but hiding from the fact is denying reality. Would it make you feel better if they died of say cancer or heart disease? Our modern society is so afraid of death that they cannot accept that it is a natural part of life.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Duck07 wrote:The thing about Rolovich and his "putting others at risk" is that there isn't actually any proof that notion is somehow true for him but not for the vaccinated.

If masks work then he and others should be able to wear a mask indoors in lieu of being vaccinated if various civic entities want to enforce these mandates.

If the mandates were based upon a firm scientific understanding of Covid, then Natural Immunity would be held in the same regard or higher than being vaccinated.

None of this is actually about "safety" and fortunately enough people seem to realize that.

Now Bless your hearts and Let's Go Brandon!
Well said. The problem is that there is no profit to be made in natural immunity, and therefore, it is not an allowable option from our corporate sponsored government/media.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVOky_5g78S ... nAMHyUTPI4
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Proof Snoop got the better of Alan and Dodger, their unnecessary derogatory remarks and making assumptions based only on his activity on a forum. Those were some sad responses, Snoop brings facts/logical arguments only to be responded with ad hominem attacks.
It's what liberals do. They always base everything on feelings and when one exposes their ignorance on something they get their little feelers hurt and what's left? Personal attacks. They just need to go find their binkie and suck on it.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine