Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Post by pezsez1 »

Beavers are doing the same thing.

Smart move. Should ensure that the season continues and that fan capacity isn't reduced. Games will still cause some spread (Delta is a real *****) but shouldn't contribute to our state's growing ICU crisis.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, if youre worried about the delta. It’s been shown to be effective s the delta strain.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

The virus will remain for decades regardless of any human action taken.

I can’t imagine what form of insane restrictions we’d implement if we had a virus that was somewhat dangerous (let’s say a pneumonic mutation of the bubonic plague with fatioity rates near 25-35%).
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I was already gonna watch at home. Cancelled my season tickets a few months ago after 15 years of being a season ticket holder. It'll be way more enjoyable and relaxing.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I was already gonna watch at home. Cancelled my season tickets a few months ago after 15 years of being a season ticket holder. It'll be way more enjoyable and relaxing.
Bummer.

Rest your vocal chords and come back next year.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

First yr I won't be attending a game since 2005 (excluding the fake season last yr).
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I was already gonna watch at home. Cancelled my season tickets a few months ago after 15 years of being a season ticket holder. It'll be way more enjoyable and relaxing.

Bummer. Should have offered them up here. Im sure someone would have bought them for the year, the. You could have had them back next year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:

Bummer. Should have offered them up here. Im sure someone would have bought them for the year, the. You could have had them back next year.
Yeah this is true, but I’m happy to walk away. Things aren’t quite like they used to be. It was a good run! I won’t ever forget my first game in Autzen. Nevada in 03. After that season I begged my dad to get season tickets and then he transferred them to me shortly after when I was 18.

Sammie Parker was awesome that game!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This may sound a bit shallow, but as someone who supports the University's requirements I'm also saddened that this is dampening the season for some fans. Hopefully, this never happens again.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I'm fully vaccinated, and honestly going through all the extra hassle and masks etc just doesn't sound like a fun experience. I'd much rather just be comfortable watching from home.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

To require a vaccine that does not keep you from falling victim to the virus, does not keep you from transmitting the virus and makes the symptoms harder to realize in turn making it more probable that vaccinated people are in public while infected makes little to no sense to me.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

To require a vaccine that does not keep you from falling victim to the virus, does not keep you from transmitting the virus and makes the symptoms harder to realize in turn making it more probable that vaccinated people are in public while infected makes little to no sense to me.
The vaccines are definitely less effective against Delta, but they do reduce transmission and keep people out of the hospital. Here's perhaps the most recently updated study by the CDC... it found that vaccines still provide 66 percent efficacy for front line workers, down from 90 percent before Delta took over.

That isn't exactly good news, but, objectively speaking, the vaccines remain effective against the Delta variant.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/ ... mm7034e4_w
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
The vaccines are definitely less effective against Delta, but they do reduce transmission and keep people out of the hospital. Here's perhaps the most recently updated study by the CDC... it found that vaccines still provide 66 percent efficacy for front line workers, down from 90 percent before Delta took over.

That isn't exactly good news, but, objectively speaking, the vaccines remain effective against the Delta variant.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/ ... mm7034e4_w
Objectively speaking, the vaccines are doing what every legitimate virologist in the world predicted would happen.

Since this is a highly mutatable virus (equally or more mutatable than the seasonal flu) the effectiveness of the *vaccine* was always going to be short-lived. Why do people need to get a flu shot every year? Virology 101: because the flu virus mutates constantly.

The narratives and false hope that the media/CDC fed everyone was not at all what the scientists were saying. But the media/CDC/WHO don't care about spreading accurate information. It has become 120% about forcing everyone to get vaccines, regardless of its waning effectiveness.

When will people wake up to reality?

Oh, also, the same CDC that you linked to support the effectiveness of the vaccine said this 2 days ago:
"we are seeing concerning evidence of waning vaccine effectiveness over time and against the Delta variant.

Additionally, reports from our international colleagues, including Israel, suggest increased risk of severe disease amongst those vaccinated early. Given this body of evidence, we are concerned that the current strong protection against severe infection, hospitalization, and death could decrease in the months ahead, especially among those who are at higher risk or who were vaccinated earlier during the phases of our vaccination rollout."
Soon, y'all will be saying: "well, that's what boosters are for. so we'll take them for the next 15 years" OR "well, it's 30% effective in preventing hospitalizations/deaths". Uh.... there are therapeutics that are available RIGHT NOW that studies have shown reduce the death/hospitalization rate by 85%. I bet not one person on this board knows that fact. iF that is the case, you should be asking the question: why is that?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Oh, also, the same CDC that you linked to support the effectiveness of the vaccine said this 2 days ago:
Yes, and none of that diminishes anything I said. The vaccines remain effective against Delta, and they DO curb spread and reduce hospitalizations. I'll continue to remind people of this whenever I see posts that could be misinterpreted to the contrary. It's a simple (but important) correction.

As for the rest of your post, I urge you to start an out-of-topic thread about the pandemic's endgame. I think you and I are seeing two sides of the same coin, but this thread isn't the place to hold that discussion/debate. That's a much bigger, broader, and more complex topic that's likely to be politically charged.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Yes, and none of that diminishes anything I said. The vaccines remain effective against Delta, and they DO curb spread and reduce hospitalizations. I'll continue to remind people of this whenever I see posts that could be misinterpreted to the contrary. It's a simple (but important) correction.

As for the rest of your post, I urge you to start an out-of-topic thread about the pandemic's endgame. I think you and I are seeing two sides of the same coin, but this thread isn't the place to hold that discussion/debate. That's a much bigger, broader, and more complex topic that's likely to be politically charged.
Ya, not worth the risks of taking a *novel* vaccine - which has an unprecedented amount of adverse reports in the VAERS system - when there are alternatives that studies are beginning to show are preventing hospitalization/death at a greater rate than the waning vaccines.

Why do you need to remind people of the false narratives they hear from their leaders 24/7? It's not like they need any more mouthpieces to give people false hope. People aren't idiots like you and the rest of our leaders seem to think.

But ya, mods, please close this thread before we have to hear from the same people that told us the vaccines would return citizens to normal society.

go dux