Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Post by lukeyrid13 »

pezsez1 wrote:
And by the way, I’m vaccinated. I just don’t hold so little respect for people’s lives that choose not to be vaccinated.
I don't want the unvaccinated to die -- some of my friends are in this crowd.

But if they choose to get fired when they could simply get vaccinated, then I really don't care. They're being dumb and making their own beds.

I support mandates BECAUSE I respect people's lives.
600k babies die from abortion every year. Anyone who supports the death of unborn babies and votes for abortion rights DESERVES to lose their job......

Do we want to go down this road and approach to how we treat those who may disagree with what we believe to be "morally right".
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Speaking of propaganda, I thought this article was funny:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-58680204.amp

Covid-19 in Wales: A third of positive cases are unvaccinated

Yeah...is that actually the headline though?
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Phalanx wrote:Speaking of propaganda, I thought this article was funny:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-58680204.amp

Covid-19 in Wales: A third of positive cases are unvaccinated

Yeah...is that actually the headline though?
I spent a half hour trying to find any coverage of the spike in cases in the "vaccinated" during the Israeli surge this summer. I used various search engines, filters, word search etc.... I FOUND NOTHING. The only articles I found were talking about how there is a slightly smaller % of hospitalizations/deaths proportionally amongst the vaccinated. But nothing about the cases.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Just here to say one last thing:

Whether you think vaccines are safe or harmful, can we all agree that all Pac-12 refs should be required to be vaccinated? ;)
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I heard this weekend about two more deaths associated with the vaccine. One was a heart attack from an ex-school mate's boyfriend in Southern Oregon, the other was a blood clotting disease (Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia) from a 37-year-old mother of two.

https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obituar ... =200278331

Come to think of it, maybe Pac 12 refs should be required to be vaccinated. Or maybe just the ones from the Stanford game.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Phalanx wrote:I heard this weekend about two more deaths associated with the vaccine. One was a heart attack from an ex-school mate's boyfriend in Southern Oregon, the other was a blood clotting disease (Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia) from a 37-year-old mother of two.

https://obits.oregonlive.com/us/obituar ... =200278331

Come to think of it, maybe Pac 12 refs should be required to be vaccinated. Or maybe just the ones from the Stanford game.

LOOOOLLLLLLLL
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I know that I want/need to be socially distanced from those refs at minimum
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
The unvax'ed make up a proportionally smaller % of the cases during the summer spike in Israel.
EDIT: Just read up more on this, and it's also because of waning vaccine immunity over time coinciding with the emergence of Delta --
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/pfi ... udy-681061

"The data suggests that the drop is due to waning efficacy, rather than more contagious variants, researchers said."

"The effectiveness of the Pfizer Inc /BioNTech SE vaccine in preventing infection by the coronavirus dropped to 47% from 88% six months after the second dose, according to data published on Monday that U.S. health agencies considered when deciding on the need for booster shots."

""To us, that suggests Delta is not an escape variant that is completely evading vaccine protection," said study leader Sara Tartof with Kaiser Permanente Southern California's Department of Research & Evaluation."

----

I guess now it makes sense why the CDC recently changed the definition of a "vaccine" since it is no longer "preventing disease", which was the previous definition. I wonder how the next 2 years will sound like. Probably similar to the last 10 months:

Take the vaccine and slow the spread.

Take the vaccine and slow the spread....for 6 months.

Take the vaccine and get a booster and slow the spread... for 6 months.

Take the vaccine and get a booster, and get another booster, and then slow the spread... for 6 months.

Oh yeah, if you don't take these experimental therapeutics which wane after 6 months, then you will be excluded from basic functions of society.

I mean, it all makes sense!

Take
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

New England, which is composed of the most highly vaccinated states in the country, is experiencing a tremendous surge in COVID case counts.

Associated Press statistics show five U.S. states with the highest percentage of a fully vaccinated population are all in New England – with Vermont leading at 69.4%, followed by Connecticut, Maine, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. New Hampshire is 10th at 61.5%.

"Vaccines work"

"Pandemic of the unvaccinated"
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Yes, it's still a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/vermont- ... t/37681265#

You people want so badly to be right, and yet, here we are.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:Yes, it's still a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/vermont- ... t/37681265#

You people want so badly to be right, and yet, here we are.
Where does it reference the breakout in cases between vax/unvax? Nothing in the article.

No, I want to be wrong. Everyone who isn't spoon fed knew that this would be endemic from day one. Most rational people don't think a perpetual shot should be required to operate in basic society. But y'all have been told by your leaders to despise those who don't follow the commands of your leaders who often fail to mention:
-80% of the deaths are of people over 65yrs old
-90% of the COVID deaths have co-morbidities (only 7% w/o co-morbidities)
-the death rate per case is lower than certain types of flu's for the non-immune compromised
-natural immunity provides significantly more effective and longer-lasting protection than the therapeutic

Force the unvaccinated out of society! Don't treat them at hospitals if they need care!

This is not hyperbole. Just ask pez.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

"JUST IN: More Americans have died from COVID-19 this year than from the virus in all of 2020, according to newly updated data from Johns Hopkins University."

Now consider the following in light of the quote above:
-15-25% of the population has gained natural immunity since 2020.
-65% of the population has been vaccinated at least once

Simple mathematics guys.

"Vaccines will return us to normal society"

"50% vaccination rate will eliminate any more large surges in the U.S."
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

"JUST IN: More Americans have died from COVID-19 this year than from the virus in all of 2020, according to newly updated data from Johns Hopkins University."
Yes, and the vast majority are unvaccinated.

I'm not even posting a link. If you'd stop acting like a schmuck you could figure this out for yourself in like 2 minutes.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Yes, and the vast majority are unvaccinated.

I'm not even posting a link. If you'd stop acting like a schmuck you could figure this out for yourself in like 2 minutes.
Wait, so you are making an assertion about the "vast majority" being unvaccinated based off of what? The article you provided doesn't mention it. I'll follow the data wherever it leads but you made a blank assertion with a link that didn't address your assertion in the least. I'll disregard the name-calling.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Wasn't planning on coming back to this dumpster fire of a thread today, but just read this article and it's totally relevant here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... d=msedgntp

It details a new study released today and two others released in Israel... shows that efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine (both doses) against Delta fell from 77 percent in the first month to roughly 20 percent in months 5-7... but, throughout that time, the vaccine remained 96 percent effective in preventing severe/fatal infections.

This shows, again, that yes, vaccines do offer protection (even 20 percent after five months is better than zero) and also explains why case rates are rising in highly vaccinated areas -- because of waning efficacy.

It also shows why, despite those rises, it's mostly unvaccinated who are getting severely ill and dying.

Also shows why Israel is offering boosters to everyone and why we'll probably be doing the same.

It really doesn't get any plainer than this.