Oregon's sixth win of the season, Washington

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Oregon's sixth win of the season, Washington

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Biggest game of the season up to this point. The previous season Oregon beat Washington for a 9th straight time, which I believe set the record for longest winning streak in the history of this heated rivalry. Now, Oregon was going for a 10th straight win. But like we've heard many times in recent history, the Pups were barking that the streak would end, and with a new stadium, a team that was more talented team then previous squads, and Oregon's most dynamic player being out, they actually had a reason to believe. Gameday was there and there was an atmosphere that has not been felt for a long time for a Washington-Oregon game given how much Oregon has dominated in this current streak. However, Washington would soon find out that they don't have enough to compete with Oregon yet.

Another game, another rough start for Oregon. Mistakes were made, passes were dropped, and penalties were committed. However, despite the score being somewhat close, and even with DAT being sidelined with that ankle sprain, anyone who watched this game could see that it really was no contest. Take away some big mistakes including a badly missed tackle by Troy Hill on a 4th down play for Washington that resulted in a long touchdown run from Sankey, the score would've been much worse for Washington. Plus Oregon was in position to score another touchdown before they kneeled the clock out. Regardless of all that, Oregon was a much better team from start to finish, and that was because of the incredible play from Mariota. Oregon showed Washington what it really means to be an elite team and that they have a ways to go to get there.

I consider this to be the best game of Mariota's career. He was brilliant and near flawless. His throws were always right where they needed to be, and he avoided any pressure from Washington defenders with his incredible speed. This was in my personal opinion the best performance of the year from any player in the nation, and one of the best performances from an Oregon QB ever. He was flat out unstoppable. He finished the the game 24/31 for 366 yards and 3 touchdowns with 13 carries for 88 yards and 1 touchdown. And sadly, those stats included multiple drops including Lowe's drop on the opening drive that would've gone for a touchdown.

Addison had yet another great game, and this I also consider to be the best game of his career. Washington defenders had a hard time tackling him and an even harder time covering him. He continued to show how special of a player he really is. That ACL tear is getting harder and harder to swallow as I look back at these games, hopefully he comes back soon.

Best part about this game though, is the fact that Oregon beat Washington for the 10th straight time, I'm sure many fans never though this Decade of Dominance would ever happen.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Oregon's sixth win of the season, Washington

Post by UOducksTK1 »

One of the most exciting games of the year to watch. I remember in the pregame discussions, two guys had Oregon losing.

Mariota was on fire, and Huff/Addison played great too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Re: Oregon's sixth win of the season, Washington

Post by Weston »

As one who lived through "The Suffering" from 1970 through 1989, almost nothing makes me happier than beating the crap out of Washington. The invective that I endured as a Duck fan, both at Autzen and at Husky Stadium, totally locked in my hate of UW and their arrogant fan base. There are, indeed, better things for UO to accomplish than beating the Fuskies, but they are few and far between.