Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Which RB becomes Oregon's go to guy?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Poll per cmmadness.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Re: Which RB becomes Oregon's go to guy?

Post by greenyellow »

I picked Tyner since he's still going to get a lot of carries and Oregon has some opponents he can rack up yards. I also think Oregon's OL will get better as the season goes and start opening holes for the RBs to run through. I think Freeman may get close also because of the same things with Tyner.
JustisM
Three Star Recruit

Post by JustisM »

Is it crazy for me to think that Freeman's going to get more touches in the red zone and in garbage time?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I say Byron Marshall. He's the veteran and the most versatile. I think he has one of the best years of anyone on the offensive side of the ball.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Byron, he's going to be a beast this year .
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I say Byron Marshall. He's the veteran and the most versatile. I think he has one of the best years of anyone on the offensive side of the ball.
If he's going to get a 1000 yards, it won't be all from rushing; it'll be his combined rushing and receiving yards.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

JustisM wrote:Is it crazy for me to think that Freeman's going to get more touches in the red zone and in garbage time?
Why would that be crazy? He's bigger than the other two and (appears) to be a much more physical runner. More than Tyner at least.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I think Byron will get more use in the slot with Tyner and Freeman splitting the load at RB.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Ditto what others have said. If you include receiving yards it Marshall, hands down.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I put Tyner....Barring injury think as a running back he will be the first to get a thousand yards. I kind of laugh at some people tossing him aside after 1 bad game. Last year all the hype was about him and how phenomenal he was. He has one bad game where Michigan State is stacking the box and now people looking past him. It was one game.. I still think as a runner he is our best back overall. I like what they are doing with Marshall. I also think Freeman is going to be really good. If I have a concern with Tyner... it would be will he stay happy if Freeman keeps producing and pack it up. If I have a concern with Tyner that is it.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

Freeman, easily, he's just much more mature as a RB than Tyner. He seems to have better vision, response, and power. Tyner is supposed to have this elite sprinting speed, but lack of vision and hesitation makes him less effective.

-This being said, I'm rooting for Tyner, he's been my favorite commit since he was a recruit and am just waiting for the big explosion plays for 80-90 yard TD's to come for him.

Marshall will stay in the TZR role. Too much of a match-up nightmare for defenses to have him in the slot, at least until Addison returns to action.
Last edited by NCDucks09 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I don't know if it was the play calls, or the times Tyner got the ball, or just a poor game, but I thought Tyner had a terrible game Saturday, constantly getting stopped for little to no gain while Freeman.....well, we all know what he did. Maybe they were using Tyner to lure the Spartys into thinking we were going to run power plays up the middle, or maybe they preferred Tyner running between the tackles, but just from a fans perspective, Freeman was the best runner on the field that day.