2015 schedule released

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

2015 schedule released

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has released its schedule for next season and it's absolutely brutal. They open with Eastern Washington and Michigan State. Middle portion gets easier but then they close the season at Washington, at ASU, home with Cal, at Stanford, home with USC, and home with OSU.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =209656912
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: 2015 schedule released

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Doesn't make sense to me we wouldn't play UCLA but continue to play Colorado. We've played ColorDo every year since 2011 but didn't play UCLA in 2011 and 2012.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I see 4 pretty difficult road games. Only more reason to go after it hard this year.

Gonna miss Mariota.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

One positive with that schedule......if we get by MSU then we will have a pretty good schedule setup to break in Lockie(presumably).

Also Oregon ST is back to being on Friday after Thanksgiving.
lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by lawduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Doesn't make sense to me we wouldn't play UCLA but continue to play Colorado. We've played ColorDo every year since 2011 but didn't play UCLA in 2011 and 2012.
I think it's because of the deal that let's Cal and Stanford play the so Cal schools every year. Can't have an even rotation and we get Utah and Colorado more often.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

lawduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Doesn't make sense to me we wouldn't play UCLA but continue to play Colorado. We've played ColorDo every year since 2011 but didn't play UCLA in 2011 and 2012.
I think it's because of the deal that let's Cal and Stanford play the so Cal schools every year. Can't have an even rotation and we get Utah and Colorado more often.
That's exactly the reason. Both the Oregon and Washington conference schools play both the mountain and Arizona schools in the South division more often than the L.A. schools. Only one L.A. conference team per year for the Oregon and Washington schools.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I don't see anything that is absolutely brutal about that schedule. 7 home games, 5 away games and the only back to back road game gives us a bye week between.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

I think we are going to surprise people next year. Yeah Mariota can't be replaced, but you all forget how far we got with the likes of Masoli and DT. I think Lockie wins the job and does what's asked of him. The RBs will be stacked as usual. The WRs/TEs will be really good after this year of experience and getting Addison back. And even tho Oline should be pretty good considering the guys we get back from injury and the improvement those that are forced to play now will make.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Once again, the Stanford game is quite late in the season, November 14. And if the Huskies are good at all, that's quite a (potential) stretch from the game in Seattle through at least the USC game at Autzen.
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

Mariota = < chant > ONE MORE YEAR!! ONE MORE YEAR!! :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Just noticed we have a pretty boring homestand minus the last 2 games.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Biggus Duckus wrote:So an OSU buddy and I have long been planning to take each other to a Beaver/Duck game but it's never happened. It turns out both teams will be playing in Michigan on Sept. 12, about an hour away from each other. I'd like to make this a trip for both games, but I don't know what time the games will be on. When is this usually released? It's pretty late into the year right?
It's hard to say what times they'll be on this far in advance. It depends on the networks that have rights to the games. Games in Michigan mean it won't be part of the PAC12 contract so whoever has BIG10 rights and picks first could presumably take UO at MSU. That all depends on other events the network may have penciled in on that date. It's conceivable that you won't know the OS kick time until 3 weeks out.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:So an OSU buddy and I have long been planning to take each other to a Beaver/Duck game but it's never happened. It turns out both teams will be playing in Michigan on Sept. 12, about an hour away from each other. I'd like to make this a trip for both games, but I don't know what time the games will be on. When is this usually released? It's pretty late into the year right?
I can't imagine that they'd play MSU and UM games simultaneously. Might be a question to pose to an MSU/UM board.