ESPN Heisman

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

ESPN Heisman

Post by UOducksTK1 »

As expected Gurley and Prescott pass Mariota...
http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman14/

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Re: ESPN Heisman

Post by DAT_man_again »

Although it's expected... I have a problem with this. Mariota has more yards and TD's than Prescott and hasn't thrown ONE pick. He has some of the best stats in the history of CFB. Yet he is probably not going to win the award because if you're in the PAC 12 you have to go undefeated to have a player on your team win the heisman.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

DAT_man_again wrote:Although it's expected... I have a problem with this. Mariota has more yards and TD's than Prescott and hasn't thrown ONE pick. He has some of the best stats in the history of CFB. Yet he is probably not going to win the award because if you're in the PAC 12 you have to go undefeated to have a player on your team win the heisman.
But Prescott also has 250 more rushing yards and 3 more rushing touchdowns. I actually think so far that Prescott is probably most deserving.

mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

flavor of the day
MM in Cali
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:Although it's expected... I have a problem with this. Mariota has more yards and TD's than Prescott and hasn't thrown ONE pick. He has some of the best stats in the history of CFB. Yet he is probably not going to win the award because if you're in the PAC 12 you have to go undefeated to have a player on your team win the heisman.
But Prescott also has 250 more rushing yards and 3 more rushing touchdowns. I actually think so far that Prescott is probably most deserving.
Remember, in college, the QB takes the minus yards on sacks. Mariota has taken 15 sacks this season, Dak Prescott has taken 8. Mariota rushed for over 100 yards against Wazzu, but when you add in the 7 sacks, he only had 58. Prescott has still been better on the ground, despite this, but Mariota's stats overall are clearly better. One game is costing Mariota…Dak hasn't had a losing effort yet.
trnxcam
Three Star Recruit

Post by trnxcam »

IMO in order for a RB to beat out a top notch QB like MM they would have to first meet the following criteria: The RB (in this case gurley/girly) would need to actually be faster at running with the football than said QB. TG is not, and i'm pretty sure he can't throw the football very well. End of discussion.

Oh and MM is head and shoulders a better overall QB than Prescott...and quite frankly carries his team much more than the two players above him.

If the Heisman comity is smart (and that is a big IF) they would pick MM in a landslide....unless he absolutely tanks it the rest of the way (which is doubtful since I believe the coaches are about to unleash MM completely on opposing defenses).

MM would be the best representative of the trophy in years and has the best shot at actually being successful in the NFL. God for bid the Heisman actually goes to someone that is of unmatched character and talent without also being a giant media distraction (ie...Tebow).

I just wish somehow MM could land in Philly....MM would be a huge upgrade (even this year) over Foles in that system.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The Heisman has turned into a joke. If you aren't on an SEC/big name team you have to be absolutely perfect every minute of every game. Mariota can't have a bad drive if expects to win it. Manziel had multiple awful games and he ran away with the award. Richardson and Ingram being Heisman winners is laughable. It's rare that a voter thinks for himself, they're all swayed by whichever way the public/social media is leaning at the moment.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

As someone above said, flavor of the week. Lets see who is more consistent. I doubt Prescott is going to look great every single week in the SEC. Its a long season.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I don't have a link but Gurley is suspended indefinitely during probe into an alleged violation of NCAA rules.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I don't have a link but Gurley is suspended indefinitely during probe into an alleged violation of NCAA rules.
link
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... definitely
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

AutzenMember wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I don't have a link but Gurley is suspended indefinitely during probe into an alleged violation of NCAA rules.
link
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... definitely
Thank you.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Great timing.

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

WHEW, Prescott came along just in time to make sure the SEC still had the leading Heisman contender.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

QuackininBama wrote:WHEW, Prescott came along just in time to make sure the SEC still had the leading Heisman contender.

Don't worry he will have his first loss this weekend.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:The Heisman has turned into a joke. If you aren't on an SEC/big name team you have to be absolutely perfect every minute of every game. Mariota can't have a bad drive if expects to win it. Manziel had multiple awful games and he ran away with the award. Richardson and Ingram being Heisman winners is laughable. It's rare that a voter thinks for himself, they're all swayed by whichever way the public/social media is leaning at the moment.
Does no one see the irony of accusing others of being "big name teams". You don't seriously think Oregon gets a lack of publicity? ESPN and all the other outlets are all in on Oregon as a national story. Yes, Marcus drops off the front page for a week, but he is still in the best position of any of the contenders if he has a strong season. I firmly believe a 10-2 Marcus with his current stats projected over a whole season would be tough to beat.