Scott Frost

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Scott Frost

Post by maxduck »

A good article about Frost and his future from Jason Quick.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... cart_river
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Scott Frost

Post by karlhungis »

He turns 40 next week, and head coaching opportunities are few and far between.
Few and far between. Only... ya know... every year.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Jason Quick isn't my favorite writer but I thought it was a very good and seemed like an honest report. Enjoyed it, thanks for the link.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I put the time Frost has left here before getting a HC job at under 5 years. He's not going to last that much longer here if he aspires to be a HC.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:I put the time Frost has left here before getting a HC job at under 5 years. He's not going to last that much longer here if he aspires to be a HC.
Yea, Quick might be right in his assessment that Frost sees the 'grass isn't always greener' (was it Hobbs or Rodrigues who said that to him, my guess is Jake due to proximity) side to leaving Eugene, which is probably why he told CSU to no longer consider him but as you said, its probably only going to add a few more years to his time here.

Now if Quick had included some blurb about how he's been dating a longtime Oregon gal and starting a family THEN I might start buying into the notion that he'd stay here for 20+ years as an Asst like most of the staff.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Now if Quick had included some blurb about how he's been dating a longtime Oregon gal and starting a family THEN I might start buying into the notion that he'd stay here for 20+ years as an Asst like most of the staff.
Is that speculative or factual? I only ask because it's a bit cryptic. And if true, I remember the same thing being said about Kelly (native girlfriend, parents moving to Oregon, etc.)
Just speculating as I don't think I've read anything that's mentioned he has a gf.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Pretty sure he has a gf. Younger than him of course. Ha