Rose Bowl tickets going cheap down to $100. NOT sold out yet

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

soduck
Four Star Recruit

Rose Bowl tickets going cheap down to $100. NOT sold out yet

Post by soduck »

The Rose Bowl has yet to sell out. Yes, you heard that right. College football’s most historic bowl, the Granddaddy of Them All still has a ton of available tickets, with prices as low as $104 (which is dirt cheap). On the flip side, the cheapest Sugar Bowl ticket costs $200. John Talty of al.com reported that the average cost of a Sugar Bowl ticket was $470, while a seat at the Rose Bowl was going for $322 on average. The Rose Bowl has not sold out only once before.

Over confident FSU fans waiting for Dallas?
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Re: Rose Bowl tickets going cheap down to $100. NOT sold out

Post by hjpop »

If tickets are so available, why don't they give additional allotments to the schools? I'm sure UO would scoop up a few thousand in a couple of hours easily.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

soduck wrote:Over confident FSU fans waiting for Dallas?
Well you can get tickets in the 7th row of the lower corner of the Orange Bowl for 11$ right now on stubhub between MSt and GT so its not just FSU fans choosing between a bowl game that's hurting prices. Though I'm sure the flight/drive costs between LA and Dallas from Tallahassee do factor in.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Wait until game day and scalpers will practically be giving them away.
Last edited by fpsduck on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

If only flights weren't $600...
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

soduck wrote:The Rose Bowl has yet to sell out. Yes, you heard that right. College football’s most historic bowl, the Granddaddy of Them All still has a ton of available tickets, with prices as low as $104 (which is dirt cheap). On the flip side, the cheapest Sugar Bowl ticket costs $200. John Talty of al.com reported that the average cost of a Sugar Bowl ticket was $470, while a seat at the Rose Bowl was going for $322 on average. The Rose Bowl has not sold out only once before.

Over confident FSU fans waiting for Dallas?
There are actually 2 or 3 threads over on scout discussing the Florida State/Alabama game. Unreal. I thought it was a joke but no, they are serious. They have already penciled in the Oregon game as a win, not even worried. :shock:
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

QuackininBama wrote:
There are actually 2 or 3 threads over on scout discussing the Florida State/Alabama game. Unreal. I thought it was a joke but no, they are serious. They have already penciled in the Oregon game as a win, not even worried. :shock:
That's just the way I like it. This might end up being more fun than the Michigan games.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck24 wrote:If only flights weren't $600...
We could really use that high-speed rail system to be built for situations like this. You could even get full train-cars of Ducks fans going down together and it wouldn't be long until the UOAA started hosting, lol.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck24 wrote:If only flights weren't $600...
If I wasn't already on vacation, I'd probably just drive down.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Didn't FSU sell out their allotment already?

I think the problem is the travel , it is just really expensive for a fan to go coat to coast for a game. So after all the school allotment is sold no one wants to buy what is normally a scalped price on stubhub. Which is why you don't see a lot of ACC vs PAC matchups but you do see a lot of ACC vs SEC matchups.

On a side note, is it true the PAC 12 game had bad turnout?
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Bud Lee wrote:Didn't FSU sell out their allotment already?

I think the problem is the travel , it is just really expensive for a fan to go coat to coast for a game. So after all the school allotment is sold no one wants to buy what is normally a scalped price on stubhub. Which is why you don't see a lot of ACC vs PAC matchups but you do see a lot of ACC vs SEC matchups.

FSU didn't buy out there allotment, they returned tickets and ticket prices on stubhub are crazy cheap compared to face value. I think the biggest issue with travel prices is the fact the game is on new years day. It's half the price to get to Dallas for the finals than it is to LA for the Semi's.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

So the attendance for the PAC 12 championship was 45,618 in a stadium that sits 68,500 and can be expanded higher.

The SEC championship game attendance was 72,526 im a stadium that sits 74,228 (odd number?) for football games.

Perhaps the neutral site games don't work as well out west for some reason?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

pudgejeff wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:Didn't FSU sell out their allotment already?

FSU didn't buy out there allotment, they returned tickets and ticket prices on stubhub are crazy cheap compared to face value. I think the biggest issue with travel prices is the fact the game is on new years day. It's half the price to get to Dallas for the finals than it is to LA for the Semi's.

Oh okay, I thought I saw a thread on here that said FSU sold out on theirs. Thanks for the correction. I think travel cost is the big problem here, and other bowl games where the teams playing aren't both from the region.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Bud Lee wrote:So the attendance for the PAC 12 championship was 45,618 in a stadium that sits 68,500 and can be expanded higher.

The SEC championship game attendance was 72,526 im a stadium that sits 74,228 (odd number?) for football games.

Perhaps the neutral site games don't work as well out west for some reason?
I think that had some to do do with ticket prices, Levi's stadium was crazy with their pricing at first for both this game and the game @Cal we played there. But even hosted Pac-12 championships haven't had amazing attendance. I believe the one at Autzen sold out, but you could get a ticket for 10 dollars before the game started. Same thing at the Wisconsin/Oregon Rose bowl, but at the Natty against Auburn and Ohio State/Oregon Rose the prices were crazy and didn't even drop into the 1st quarter.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

The fact that tickets were being sold for $10 is mindblowing to me! I wonder how much of it you can contribute to the championship game being a new thing for the PAC.