Dan Patric asked Helf

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Dan Patric asked Helf

Post by woundedknees »

if he'd seen any movies over the season (Asked the same question of Urb, in an earlier interview... Urb said "No").

Helf said, yes (During the few days off before Christmas, he took his family to see 'Annie'.)

His reason? "Hearing my daughter sing, "It's A Hard Knock Life", was worth it!"

Anybody remember when Meyer had to "retire" because the stress was bad for his health, and family life?

I think we got a keeper.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck07
All-American

Re: Dan Patric asked Helf

Post by Duck07 »

Erik Chinander,who is a new father, recently talked about how Helf has time set aside for the coaches to be family men and have some balance in their lives during the season. Pellum mentioned how Mark will give the coaches a lot of autonomy to do their job and it also reminded me of Chip's new changes in Personnel Mgmt in Philly where some are concerned he's going to be too involved. I just think about how they both expect people to do their jobs AND have a balance that understands that if you burn yourself out you are no good for the team.
timberduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by timberduck »

According to Florida fans it was pretty much an open secret that Urban, who "retired" from football to focus on his family life, was cheating on his wife with a cheerleader during his tenure. Of course this isn't confirmed and he denies it, and considering the way most Florida fans feel about the man, you ought to take that with a grain of salt.

Regardless I've always gotten a definite sleeze vibe from him. A shame that next week's game won't be decided by how genuine and likeable the coaches are.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

timberduck wrote:According to Florida fans it was pretty much an open secret that Urban, who "retired" from football to focus on his family life, was cheating on his wife with a cheerleader during his tenure. Of course this isn't confirmed and he denies it, and considering the way most Florida fans feel about the man, you ought to take that with a grain of salt.

Regardless I've always gotten a definite sleeze vibe from him. A shame that next week's game won't be decided by how genuine and likeable the coaches are.

Haha I totally forgot about this, although I didn't know the cheerleader bit. Was common knowledge amongst everyone in the program that he wasn't the most faithful guy.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ But I thought he was a man of strong faith and conviction......so strong that God told him when recruits were meant to play at Florida.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ But I thought he was a man of strong faith and conviction......so strong that God told him when recruits were meant to play at Florida.
Ha, there's a lot of stuff that never made it to mainstream media. A lot of stuff was kept out of the spotlight, it's amazing how differently the local media is here compared to Oregon. Now nothing as bad as the alleged Jameis rape case but a few players were caught doing what Lyerla got popped for after he left and nothing was done. Of course this is what I was told by a few people close to the program I never witnessed any of this stuff personally.
OregonBuckeye
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonBuckeye »

Wow Ducks--you really want to go down this road (glass houses and all). How about rumors of Bellioti's wife? Or facts about third world wage slave labor that your program is built on. All good as long as someone takes their kid to a movie for Xmas. So warm and fuzzy. And do you respect Chip more for not scoring a Duck cheerleader (probably the tops btw)? Something wrong with that picture.
Let 'er Buck!
timberduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by timberduck »

Yes, I'd love to be lectured about Nike's labor practices by the fan of a school that just got paid $4 million to wear their uniforms for two games.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonBuckeye wrote:Wow Ducks--you really want to go down this road (glass houses and all). How about rumors of Bellioti's wife? Or facts about third world wage slave labor that your program is built on. All good as long as someone takes their kid to a movie for Xmas. So warm and fuzzy. And do you respect Chip more for not scoring a Duck cheerleader (probably the tops btw)? Something wrong with that picture.
You were doing so well here until this post. May now have to treat all Buckeyes here with a more disdainful tone. Best to know your surroundings and audience.
Last edited by greenyellow on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

OregonBuckeye wrote:Wow Ducks--you really want to go down this road (glass houses and all). How about rumors of Bellioti's wife? Or facts about third world wage slave labor that your program is built on. All good as long as someone takes their kid to a movie for Xmas. So warm and fuzzy. And do you respect Chip more for not scoring a Duck cheerleader (probably the tops btw)? Something wrong with that picture.
WOW- very sad post.
MM in Cali
OregonBuckeye
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonBuckeye »

timberduck wrote:Yes, I'd love to be lectured about Nike's labor practices by the fan of a school that just got paid $4 million to wear their uniforms for two games.
Well, I'm owned. Nice evasive move. Meyer allegedly shags a Fla. cheerleader. Chip allegedly shags nothing. Helf takes his kid to Annie. That certainly tells me a lot about this game! PS: look at t OSU's endowment. 4 mil is a nice gratuity but really doesn't effect the budget much.
Let 'er Buck!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I suppose its time to bring Carl Monday over to weigh in on things...
timberduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by timberduck »

All I did was give my personal take on Urban, based on what I've heard and observed.

I never said that it had anything to do with the game.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

OregonBuckeye wrote:
timberduck wrote:Yes, I'd love to be lectured about Nike's labor practices by the fan of a school that just got paid $4 million to wear their uniforms for two games.
Well, I'm owned. Nice evasive move. Meyer allegedly shags a Fla. cheerleader. Chip allegedly shags nothing. Helf takes his kid to Annie. That certainly tells me a lot about this game! PS: look at t OSU's endowment. 4 mil is a nice gratuity but really doesn't effect the budget much.

I was just trying to compare the two coaches but in all fairness if I recall correctly the "God want's me to coach you at Florida" stuff was debunked ..

Also I think your post of criticism would of been fine until you pulled the Nike card given there is a monetary relationship between OSU and Nike.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Even I am appalled at the savagery that Oregon Buckeye came with