Brenden Schooler

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Brenden Schooler

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Someone texted me that he got hurt, is this true?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Brenden Schooler

Post by Phalanx »

I think Moseley said something about him getting hurt in practice the other day, but that he was back on the field with the starters by the end of the day. So I wonder if this new rumor is a new injury, or just discovering that the old one is worse. Hopefully it isn't an all-year deal, since he is a senior. That would be a crummy way to go out.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Phalanx wrote:I think Moseley said something about him getting hurt in practice the other day, but that he was back on the field with the starters by the end of the day. So I wonder if this new rumor is a new injury, or just discovering that the old one is worse. Hopefully it isn't an all-year deal, since he is a senior. That would be a crummy way to go out.
He has a redshirt if he wants one and then a medical redshirt would be available too.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The rumor is that he broke his foot. I have zero idea if it's legitimate or not.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I think Moseley said something about him getting hurt in practice the other day, but that he was back on the field with the starters by the end of the day. So I wonder if this new rumor is a new injury, or just discovering that the old one is worse. Hopefully it isn't an all-year deal, since he is a senior. That would be a crummy way to go out.
He has a redshirt if he wants one and then a medical redshirt would be available too.
Yeah, I just more or less figured he wouldn't want to stick around after graduation. I might be wrong, but my sense is that if he came back, he would likely find himself down the depth chart, at least at receiver. He's still a monster on special teams.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Bri Amaranthus reporting that there was no sign of Schooler at practice this morning.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... mited.html

Oregon coach Mario Cristobal will address Schooler’s absence and other personnel updates after today’s practice.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He's as valuable as a TE when it comes to blocking. He excels as a blocker in the run game. Hopefully it's a quick 4 week recovery but I have a feeling it may affect him all year sadly.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Jhop also reported that Cam wasn't practicing again today, and Thibs has a soft cast on his hand.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Media is reporting he's injured, sad but I feel true the redshirt will be nice, I can certainly see him coming back, he's a baller! Plus with the new redshirt rules, if he is ready by the end of the season he has four games he can play and still redshirt.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

According to this article, he'll be out 6-8 weeks:

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 134230038/

Bummer he won't be available for Auburn.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:Jhop also reported that Cam wasn't practicing again today, and Thibs has a soft cast on his hand.
Schooler, McCormick, and Thibodeaux? Looks like it's already begun, got a quicker start than usual.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Jhop also reported that Cam wasn't practicing again today, and Thibs has a soft cast on his hand.
Schooler, McCormick, and Thibodeaux? Looks like it's already begun, got a quicker start than usual.
Breathe In, Breathe Out.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

We sure could have used his experience. I guess we will see if this new WR coach is good or not.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!