Most likely to transfer/retire 2019-20

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Most likely to transfer/retire 2019-20

Post by StevensTechU »

I was going to post this thread earlier today, and see that I've already missed on Darrian Felix making his announcement (too bad because he would've been one of my top guesses of who'd go).

Without further ado, feel free to post your top 5-10 scholarship players most likely to not rejoin the football team next year due to transfer or retirement (please refrain from making any guesses on who might get booted out of school, ha).
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Most likely to transfer/retire 2019-20

Post by karlhungis »

Gut feeling that Dollars enters the portal.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Justin Johnson (already retired)

Most likely:
- Sam Poutasi
- Isaah Crocker

Not as likely:
- Andrew Johnson
- Jayvaun Wilson
- Chris Randazzo
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

My guesses:
Isaah Crocker
Steve Stephens
Sam Poutasi
Chris Randazzo
Andrew Johnson
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

1. Andrew Johnson (seems to be an afterthought in the LB room, and is far away from home)
2. Jayvaun Wilson (currently projects as 5th on the depth chart in a relatively young RB room)
3. Isaah Crocker (hasn't made a ton of headway; spent most of '19 on the practice squad)
4. Lance Wilhoite (far away from home and tough to say where he's at mentally after injury)
5. Cale Millen (seems like Yaffe received more praise from the practice squad, then tack on an injury)
6. Camden Lewis (had a lot of lows, and fans on social media certainly let him know it. staff could try to bring in more competition and he could see his spot going to someone else)
7. Chris Randazzo (doesn't seem like he's on pace to be a contributor at Oregon)
8. Sampson Niu (always seems to be on the cusp of regularly contributing, but will have a lot of competition from younger guys next year; that said, he's low on this list)

I also think the defensive backfield is looking crowded with quality players, so someone might elect to try their chances elsewhere. I listed 2 WRs, but since they are prima donnas, another may surprise. I intentionally didn't put Poutasi, as he seems like he's sticking it out.
Last edited by StevensTechU on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

What is the deal with Andrew Johnson anyway? I remember during his recruitment a lot of people thought he was very underrated and was going to make a big impact for the Ducks. Did he never fully recover from his injury or something? I can't remember the last time I have even heard/read a word about him.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

StevensTechU wrote:I also think the defensive backfield is looking crowded with quality players, so someone might elect to try their chances elsewhere.
As greenyellow mentioned above, Steve Stephens seems like the most likely candidate to fall into that category.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

1. Daewood Davis
2. Isaah Crocker
3. Sam Poutasi
4. Andrew Johnson

Others: Tom Snee (we don't have another punter, Maimone is a SR), Cam McCormick (medical retirement?), one of the redshirting freshmen like Jayvaun Wilson.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:5. Cale Millen (seems like Yaffe received more praise from the practice squad, then tack on an injury)
Not too worried about Millen since he'd reportedly been having shoulder issues for much of the season and was basically shut down in late September before getting surgery shortly thereafter.
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

I thought someone said that Millen had surgery so he was out for the season and that's why Yaffe was running the scout team? Butterfield coming in would challenge for 2nd because Millen, though a year further, hasn't been able to do much on the practice field.

Also, strike him or not, there is no one else that the coaches seem to be going for at PK. If Lewis gets run out of town, we have the walk-on, that's it.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

StevensTechU wrote:1. Andrew Johnson (seems to be an afterthought in the LB room, and is far away from home)
2. Jayvaun Wilson (currently projects as 5th on the depth chart in a relatively young RB room)
3. Isaah Crocker (hasn't made a ton of headway; spent most of '19 on the practice squad)
4. Lance Wilhoite (far away from home and tough to say where he's at mentally after injury)
5. Cale Millen (seems like Yaffe received more praise from the practice squad, then tack on an injury)
6. Camden Lewis (had a lot of lows, and fans on social media certainly let him know it. staff could try to bring in more competition and he could see his spot going to someone else)
7. Chris Randazzo (doesn't seem like he's on pace to be a contributor at Oregon)
8. Sampson Niu (always seems to be on the cusp of regularly contributing, but will have a lot of competition from younger guys next year; that said, he's low on this list)

I also think the defensive backfield is looking crowded with quality players, so someone might elect to try their chances elsewhere. I listed 2 WRs, but since they are prima donnas, another may surprise. I intentionally didn't put Poutasi, as he seems like he's sticking it out.
1. johnson, yes
2. jayvaun is redshirting
3. crocker, yes
4. wilhoite is redshirting
5. Millen is redshirting
6. lewis, doubt it
7. randazzo I could see
8. niu is a senior next year?

I'll throw in Steve stephens

we will need attrition to take a full class next year
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Why Lewis? He did fine in the Championship game. His kicks are scary to watch but he seems to be improving. If he can fix that left hook he will be better.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, there’s no chance some on that list transfer.