Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

AP All-Americans

Post by StevensTechU »

Penei Sewell earns 1st team AA.
Shane Lemieux earns 2nd team AA.
Calvin Throckmorton earns 3rd team AA.

Really happy to see Throckmorton get an accolade. His ability to play every position made him possibly the MVP on the offensive line when you think about what may have happened without him.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: AP All-Americans

Post by Phalanx »

StevensTechU wrote:Penei Sewell earns 1st team AA.
Shane Lemieux earns 2nd team AA.
Calvin Throckmorton earns 3rd team AA.

Really happy to see Throckmorton get an accolade. His ability to play every position made him possibly the MVP on the offensive line when you think about what may have happened without him.
I'm trying to do the math here: there were 11 total OL spots on the All-Pac 12 teams, and Throckmorton was left off. Meanwhile, there were 15 spots on the three AP All American teams for the whole country, and Throckmorton made the list. Oh, and none of the guys from the Pac 12 besides Sewell and Lemieux made the All American team. I'm not sure, but it seems like maybe the All American team didn't take the Pac 12 coaches' opinions into account?

I'm sure Calvin will forever be haunted by the fact that the Pac 12 coaches didn't like him. Maybe he can get them tickets to an NFL game some day so they can watch him play. Or he could invite them to his draft party. That would be a nice gesture to extend the olive branch.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Our OL was special this season, no doubt.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Pretty sure when recruiting OL that they care more about the # of All-Americans a coach makes than the All-Conference team. To say nothing of how much respect we're starting to get for those OL as Pro Prospects. I think Throckmorton ends up as Seattle's 1st round pick if they don't trade it.