Blazers vs Rockets Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Blazers vs Rockets Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Looks like Houston is going to take game 1. Blazers were getting lots of calls in the first half and were playing good basketball, but Rockets pulled away in the 2nd. I have a hard time seeing the Blazers win this series if they can't take 1 of the first 2 games..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
cordy02c
Senior

Re: Blazers vs Rockets Thread

Post by cordy02c »

spoke too soon tk game to ot
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Game over!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Man that was intense! I was freaking out almost as much as I do for Ducks games(Still nowhere close really though).
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

What a game! I'd love to see a gif of Lopez's last foul, that was hilarious. Poor calls on both sides but I think the ref's allowed the game to get out of control by not reigning in the bad behavior early. There should def. be a few fines coming from this game for flopping and for some of the 'bows that Dwight threw. No need to do that when you are that physically imposing. As much as Pat Beverley is a real pest, if he's out it will be a bummer for the series (a real boon for Portland though if Lin is having to guard Dame).
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah refs were all over the place, they were hammering Houston with the dumb screen fouls in the first half.

What a performance though by Aldridge and Lillard. Huge win for the Blazers.

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Referees ruined the two best games of the weekend with garbage calls on both sides. Adam Silver needs to stop worrying about sleeved jerseys/fashion and start to focus on the fact that officiating in his league is horrendous. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic the Blazers won but the foul on Howard that gave Freeland FT's was garbage. Howard should have been at the line shooting two. But rather than that being a storyline, it gets written off as "it was just a bad call." How in the hell is just saying "it was a bad call" an acceptable answer in professional sports? It's just infuriating that the NBA doesn't do anything about it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck24 wrote:Referees ruined the two best games of the weekend with garbage calls on both sides. Adam Silver needs to stop worrying about sleeved jerseys/fashion and start to focus on the fact that officiating in his league is horrendous. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic the Blazers won but the foul on Howard that gave Freeland FT's was garbage. Howard should have been at the line shooting two. But rather than that being a storyline, it gets written off as "it was just a bad call." How in the hell is just saying "it was a bad call" an acceptable answer in professional sports? It's just infuriating that the NBA doesn't do anything about it.
I'm coming to the belief that it is nigh impossible to get ref's who can call games without some egregious miss happening. On that play I actually would have called a double-foul as both guys were holding each other. They let Garcia make every move in the Foxtrot without dribbling the ball and they end up calling a foul on Portland. Wes shoves Harden at the end of the 4th and no-call. Dwight 'bows Lopez which clearly was deserving of a technical on Robin for getting in the way of his elbow. Harden kicks his feet out and uses his off-arm as lance every drive.

One thing I definitely hate seeing is all the show-boating that comes whenever a call happens.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

An aptly named youtube video "James Harden, Defensive Juggernaut" :lol:
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:
Duck24 wrote:Referees ruined the two best games of the weekend with garbage calls on both sides. Adam Silver needs to stop worrying about sleeved jerseys/fashion and start to focus on the fact that officiating in his league is horrendous. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic the Blazers won but the foul on Howard that gave Freeland FT's was garbage. Howard should have been at the line shooting two. But rather than that being a storyline, it gets written off as "it was just a bad call." How in the hell is just saying "it was a bad call" an acceptable answer in professional sports? It's just infuriating that the NBA doesn't do anything about it.
I'm coming to the belief that it is nigh impossible to get ref's who can call games without some egregious miss happening. On that play I actually would have called a double-foul as both guys were holding each other. They let Garcia make every move in the Foxtrot without dribbling the ball and they end up calling a foul on Portland. Wes shoves Harden at the end of the 4th and no-call. Dwight 'bows Lopez which clearly was deserving of a technical on Robin for getting in the way of his elbow. Harden kicks his feet out and uses his off-arm as lance every drive.

One thing I definitely hate seeing is all the show-boating that comes whenever a call happens.
Agreed, the human element will always have an impact. But these aren't bang-bang plays they are missing or judgment calls. They are just flat out horrid calls (or no calls) that you'd expect a professional to not make (or make) depending on the situation. The Garcia 'Dancing With the Stars' non call is a perfect example. I think the correct call was a jump ball but it wasn't a foul until after three guys had hands on the ball and Garcia did the "Nae Nae."
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Duck24 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Agreed, the human element will always have an impact. But these aren't bang-bang plays they are missing or judgment calls. They are just flat out horrid calls (or no calls) that you'd expect a professional to not make (or make) depending on the situation. The Garcia 'Dancing With the Stars' non call is a perfect example. I think the correct call was a jump ball but it wasn't a foul until after three guys had hands on the ball and Garcia did the "Nae Nae."
I'm pretty sure the last call on Dwight was a makeup call for the possession before when he through Freeland to the ground before getting the offensive rebound and subsequent call on Batum against him.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Woooow what a game, kept fighting till the end!!!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I know we've got some Spurs fans on here, anyone feel that Poppovich doesn't deserve COY honors? I thought what Jeff Hornacek and Dwanye Casey were more impressive, especially considering their rosters.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Beverley is listed as Day to Day with his knee spran.

Lin missed practice yesterday with the flu and is DTD.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tied at halftime, this is such an insanely fun series to watch so far.

Dwight was killing us, but good call to put LMA on Dwight cuz ROLO was getting crushed. LMA is having a great game so far.