blazers

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

blazers

Post by thomas time »

up 84-50 at halftime, in Denver and playing their fourth game in five days. 30-49 fg and 9-14 on 3s, with 5 guys already in double digits
thomas time
Senior

Re: blazers

Post by thomas time »

blazers won 130-113, 27 points and 9 assists for Damien
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

That first half was beyond entertaining.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

remember two seasons ago when george karl won COTY for guiding the nuggets to the #3 seed in the west, and denver fired him, thinking they could do better?

blazers looks good. really wish we could have that warrior game back.

great opportunity to win some ballgames, as the northwest division looks like a trash heap with durant and westbrook MIA. denver's trash, okla city is trash (for the time being), minnesota is trash, utah is ok.

this time last year, i thought indiana was going to unseat miami in the east and give the spurs all they could handle in the finals. flash forward one year, and the pacers are down paul george (out for the year), lance stephenson (lost in FA), david west (injured, hasn't played), and george hill (injured, hasn't played). the pacers are currently starting a backcourt so devoid of talent it's like something out of a greek tragedy. watched them get sand blasted by denver (sigh) two nights ago. just ugly. and worse, they still have a defensive, half-court mindset, and roy hibbert is playing well, so not only are the pacers losing, they're playing an endless string of extremely boring/ugly games.
ImageImageImageImageImage
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

big comeback vs N.O. as blazers outscore them 34-13 in the fourth. They were down 15 in the third, need to get as a big of a lead on Thunder till Westbrook and Durant come back. I'm hoping 7-10 game lead, of course 9 or 10 is my wish.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

thomas time wrote:big comeback vs N.O. as blazers outscore them 34-13 in the fourth. They were down 15 in the third, need to get as a big of a lead on Thunder till Westbrook and Durant come back. I'm hoping 7-10 game lead, of course 9 or 10 is my wish.
That was a pretty damn big comeback last night and its indicative of the improved play on defense. Adding Blake and Kaman has really allowed the younger guys to relax on the court and they really seem to be buying into the Poppovich/Spurs approach as it looks like the starters minutes will decrease some as the season keeps progressing and the younger guys keep improving.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I love that we lead the NBA in rebounding. Adding Kaman this year might be bigger than I had initially thought. He's contributing a lot.

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya Kaman really has been a big addition, has a good offensive game to go with rebounding
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

CJ out for a month with a broken finger. Dang... Guy was really starting to improve.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

DAT_man_again wrote:CJ out for a month with a broken finger. Dang... Guy was really starting to improve.
Bummer, CJ has looked really good this year.

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Why does Freeland play? I understand TRob isn't an all star but he brings so much more to the table than Freeland. He is so bad.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Duck24 wrote:Why does Freeland play? I understand TRob isn't an all star but he brings so much more to the table than Freeland. He is so bad.
Disagree, freeland plays under control and understands his roll. Robinson can make highlight reel plays and hustles, but 99% you're just going to get a dude running around chasing the ball all over the place with no real concept of what he's suppose to do.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

6 in a row.

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

8 in a row with a good test vs Charolette tommorrow. Blazers need to get off to better first half's, can't play this bad vs the better teams.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

thomas time wrote:8 in a row with a good test vs Charolette tommorrow. Blazers need to get off to better first half's, can't play this bad vs the better teams.

Won again!