Rumor has it LSU is about to fire Les Miles

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Rumor has it LSU is about to fire Les Miles

Post by karlhungis »

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... _meet.html

Lots of LSU fans speculating it is over for him. Pretty crazy to me that they go from playoff hopefuls with the leading Heisman candidate to firing the National Championship winning head coach in a span of 3 weeks.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck24
Senior

Re: Rumor has it LSU is about to fire Les Miles

Post by Duck24 »

So he will collect a $15-20M buyout, then go to USC and get a $5-10M salary.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck24 wrote:So he will collect a $15-20M buyout, then go to USC and get a $5-10M salary.
That buyout :shock:

Like I said, unless they can hire a top 3 coach, they are just making a sideways move and losing a bunch of money.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Where's Bud? . . .
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'd love to hear Bud's take on this. Seems crazy to me.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

If he is in fact on way out I wouldnt be surprised to see S Carolina try and get him.
He has so many ties to the south. Even Miami would be good place. Just dont see him
an LA kinda guy. But who knows...is a real weird deal....ya where is Bud.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

duckfan22 wrote:If he is in fact on way out I wouldnt be surprised to see S Carolina try and get him.
He has so many ties to the south. Even Miami would be good place. Just dont see him
an LA kinda guy. But who knows...is a real weird deal....ya where is Bud.
I don't see him going to South Carolina. That program is in a bad way from a talent standpoint. Why else did Spurrier leave? The next head coach is going to have a serious "Clemson problem." Of course, bringing in a big name coach like Miles would definitely carry some weight with recruits, as well as the allure of possible playing time.

Honestly, I thought Miles would get another year at LSU, but if he leaves, I could see him or Mark Richt landing at Missouri. The SEC east is a much easier road to the championship game vs the monster schedule he faced every year in the west.

He might get a shot at USC, but I'd be surprised. Still, he's not married to the south, having coached as an assistant at Michigan.
John 3:36
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I don't see them firing him. I think there is some serious Les fatigue going on though. There was always a segment that wanted him out from the first season but after last season and the tailspin that this season took it has been amplified.

My take is that he is going to go down as one of the best coaches in LSU's history and I think the administration would be insane to cut ties this year with the buyout when Les only has 4 years left on contract. What I hope is that they will give him next year to see what happens. Really though I don't see them firing him unless they already have a big name wrapped up. I would even say they leaked this out to get agents talking to see if they have any takers but unless Chip Kelly or someone like that took the bait Les will be here next year. At least I hope
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Bud Lee wrote:I don't see them firing him. I think there is some serious Les fatigue going on though. There was always a segment that wanted him out from the first season but after last season and the tailspin that this season took it has been amplified.

My take is that he is going to go down as one of the best coaches in LSU's history and I think the administration would be insane to cut ties this year with the buyout when Les only has 4 years left on contract. What I hope is that they will give him next year to see what happens. Really though I don't see them firing him unless they already have a big name wrapped up. I would even say they leaked this out to get agents talking to see if they have any takers but unless Chip Kelly or someone like that took the bait Les will be here next year. At least I hope
That's the only thing that makes any sense the way this has played out so publicly. Really weird.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I think this whole thing has been handled oddly and makes us look bad though
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Yahoo Sports is saying that Les Miles has confirmed that tomorrow's game vs Texas A&M will be his last at LSU. It said he's already addressed a group of school officials. It's too bad, but it may end up being a major mistake by LSU and a blessing for Miles.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

SuperDuck wrote:Yahoo Sports is saying that Les Miles has confirmed that tomorrow's game vs Texas A&M will be his last at LSU. It said he's already addressed a group of school officials. It's too bad, but it may end up being a major mistake by LSU and a blessing for Miles.
What a shame, oh well. We'll have to wait and see who they hire. I wonder if they have some big names lined up already..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:Yahoo Sports is saying that Les Miles has confirmed that tomorrow's game vs Texas A&M will be his last at LSU. It said he's already addressed a group of school officials. It's too bad, but it may end up being a major mistake by LSU and a blessing for Miles.
What a shame, oh well. We'll have to wait and see who they hire. I wonder if they have some big names lined up already..
Rumor has it that Jimbo Fisher is at the top of their list. Rumor also has it that Fisher is looking to remove himself from FSU because of all the criminal activity that's been associated with the football program. Still, he has a relatively easy job at FSU because of the weakness of the ACC overall, with the exception of Clemson. If he jumped to LSU, where he used to be an offensive coordinator, he'd have to face the SEC West every year. He could have great talent there and do well, but there are no gimmee's.

There are other candidates, as well, but no one that really stands out that's expressed mutual interest. At least nothing that's been shown publicly. Honestly, I'm shocked that LSU would choose to do this right now with so many other major job openings available. USC, Miami, Missouri, possibly Texas (if Charlie Strong jumps to Miami Fla), South Carolina, possibly Georgia (if Mark Richt leaves) and more.

Major candidates can just about pick and choose. Personally, I think USC, Texas (if available), LSU, Georgia (if available) and Missouri are the premier jobs of those listed, but how many top candidates would be available for those jobs?

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. It'll also be interesting to see if any of the Oregon staff gets cannibalized.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

SuperDuck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Rumor has it that Jimbo Fisher is at the top of their list. Rumor also has it that Fisher is looking to remove himself from FSU because of all the criminal activity that's been associated with the football program. Still, he has a relatively easy job at FSU because of the weakness of the ACC overall, with the exception of Clemson. If he jumped to LSU, where he used to be an offensive coordinator, he'd have to face the SEC West every year. He could have great talent there and do well, but there are no gimmee's.

There are other candidates, as well, but no one that really stands out that's expressed mutual interest. At least nothing that's been shown publicly. Honestly, I'm shocked that LSU would choose to do this right now with so many other major job openings available. USC, Miami, Missouri, possibly Texas (if Charlie Strong jumps to Miami Fla), South Carolina, possibly Georgia (if Mark Richt leaves) and more.

Major candidates can just about pick and choose. Personally, I think USC, Texas (if available), LSU, Georgia (if available) and Missouri are the premier jobs of those listed, but how many top candidates would be available for those jobs?

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. It'll also be interesting to see if any of the Oregon staff gets cannibalized.
Crazy to believe he would leave for that? I wonder if the divorce is playing a hand in this as well? If you know anymore please share additional Jimbo insight. My guys following FSU swear that he isn't going but who knows. I'm sure they would like to hear anything you got.

Maybe Mike Riley is available. That worked out pretty good for Nebraska:)
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

This would seriously be the biggest screw up in coaching history if LSU goes through with it!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher