Titans move up and Tunsil falling.

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Titans move up and Tunsil falling.

Post by Alan »

Titans trade up for an OT, but not Tunsil.... Jack Conklin out of Michigan St. Titans give up #15 plus one of their 3rd round picks and a 2nd round pick in 2017....... To quote Wind in his hair........"good trade". Tunsil should have kept the bong out of his face.
greenyellow

Re: Titans move up and Tunsil falling.

Post by greenyellow »

Titans just drafted Derrick Henry from Alabama. With him and Murray there, the Titans have now given Marcus 2 legitimate running threats.
ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by ArkansasDuck »

Titans new GM made a statement with this draft. He really values big, high character guys who will be good in the locker room. I absolutely love Conklin. He was a walk on who worked his butt off to get where he's at. Big dude, great blocker and they say he won't ever take plays off. Love that pick. And Derrick Henry was a head scratcher but the more I think about it the more I like it. Imagine a defense having to tackle him 10 times in the 4th qtr! He's the same size as Eddie George and from what I can tell seems like a great kid.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

ArkansasDuck wrote:Titans new GM made a statement with this draft. He really values big, high character guys who will be good in the locker room. I absolutely love Conklin. He was a walk on who worked his butt off to get where he's at. Big dude, great blocker and they say he won't ever take plays off. Love that pick. And Derrick Henry was a head scratcher but the more I think about it the more I like it. Imagine a defense having to tackle him 10 times in the 4th qtr! He's the same size as Eddie George and from what I can tell seems like a great kid.
Maybe he has Al Davis syndrome and has a need to collect hiesman winners. :lol: In all seriousness I like what the Titans did to help Marcus this off season. A new center and top tier rookie tackle to make a pair of good tackles (we hope). A proven NFL running back plus the nations top college back, should be a great tandem. They picked up a WR, Sharpe, but I know little about him, they did use their #1 in the 5th to get him, with luck he has talent. They also picked up a guard out of Arkansas I know nothing about in the 6th. With luck Marcus won't be getting sacked so often next year.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ArkansasDuck wrote:Titans new GM made a statement with this draft. He really values big, high character guys who will be good in the locker room. I absolutely love Conklin. He was a walk on who worked his butt off to get where he's at. Big dude, great blocker and they say he won't ever take plays off. Love that pick. And Derrick Henry was a head scratcher but the more I think about it the more I like it. Imagine a defense having to tackle him 10 times in the 4th qtr! He's the same size as Eddie George and from what I can tell seems like a great kid.
I felt they let Marcus down with the picks. They had so many and came away with the 3-4 best tackle, a RB who is slow hitting the hole and needs a hole to run through ala Emmitt Smith, and isn't known as a great blocking RB. I think NFL guys will eat up Henry, and that's why no one else jumped on him, and you can find serviceable RB late in the draft, why draft Henry when the team needs a ton of stuff? I get not wanting bad eggs in the locker room, but Tunsil isn't a bad guy, he was 17-18 when that pick was taken. Are you going to try and convince me Conklin has never smoked weed, or Henry? From a talent standpoint, it was a bad pick. Sometimes a team like the Titans have to step back as ask themselves, what would the Patriots or Seahawks do here, and go with that. Because I can absolutely guarantee both would have taken Tunsil, and neither would have taken Henry when they have gaping holes everywhere else. They could have snagged his teammate, Jaren Reed, who was considered a first round guy and top run stuffer in the draft. And you saw the Seahawks do something they never do, trade up to grab him. RB wasn't a need this year, and Henry isn't good enough to take there, IMHO.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
I felt they let Marcus down with the picks. They had so many and came away with the 3-4 best tackle, a RB who is slow hitting the hole and needs a hole to run through ala Emmitt Smith, and isn't known as a great blocking RB. I think NFL guys will eat up Henry, and that's why no one else jumped on him, and you can find serviceable RB late in the draft, why draft Henry when the team needs a ton of stuff? I get not wanting bad eggs in the locker room, but Tunsil isn't a bad guy, he was 17-18 when that pick was taken. Are you going to try and convince me Conklin has never smoked weed, or Henry? From a talent standpoint, it was a bad pick. Sometimes a team like the Titans have to step back as ask themselves, what would the Patriots or Seahawks do here, and go with that. Because I can absolutely guarantee both would have taken Tunsil, and neither would have taken Henry when they have gaping holes everywhere else. They could have snagged his teammate, Jaren Reed, who was considered a first round guy and top run stuffer in the draft. And you saw the Seahawks do something they never do, trade up to grab him. RB wasn't a need this year, and Henry isn't good enough to take there, IMHO.
Yup, I agree, the Titans let Mariota down by making a great trade to get so many picks, then choosing one of the top three tackles in the country, the one that was smart enough not to let someone video him taking a gas mask bong hit. Then they pick the current hiesman winner, he must have been lucky to win that since he is slow hitting the hole, you would think winning the hiesman as a running back doesn't make him the best player in the country, let alone the best running back, he's a fake! Yup, trading trading to the Rams for all those picks, getting one of the best O lineman in the nation and a top notch running back let alone the pick ups of a proven center and one of the best established running backs in the country....... Fire them! Fire them all!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Yup, I agree, the Titans let Mariota down by making a great trade to get so many picks, then choosing one of the top three tackles in the country, the one that was smart enough not to let someone video him taking a gas mask bong hit. Then they pick the current hiesman winner, he must have been lucky to win that since he is slow hitting the hole, you would think winning the hiesman as a running back doesn't make him the best player in the country, let alone the best running back, he's a fake! Yup, trading trading to the Rams for all those picks, getting one of the best O lineman in the nation and a top notch running back let alone the pick ups of a proven center and one of the best established running backs in the country....... Fire them! Fire them all!
Excellent job using tangential points to counter his argument.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Excellent job using sarcastic points to counter his argument.
Fixed it.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Alan wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Excellent job using sarcastic points to counter his argument.
Fixed it.
Tangential sarcasm is sooooooooooo misunderstood, and underappreciated...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
They just paid a ton for a RB, it's not a need that high. And Tunsil is a sure thing, he'll be a pro bowler, Conklin will be solid but not spectacular. You win games in the trenches, but hey Henry won the heisman, no heisman RB has ever flopped in the NFL right Alan?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
They just paid a ton for a RB, it's not a need that high. And Tunsil is a sure thing, he'll be a pro bowler, Conklin will be solid but not spectacular. You win games in the trenches, but hey Henry won the heisman, no heisman RB has ever flopped in the NFL right Alan?
I guess I should hold my comments until after "sure thing Tunsil" makes the pro bowl and hiesman Henry flops.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

buckmarkduck wrote: And Tunsil is a sure thing, he'll be a pro bowler
:roll:
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i don't think there's much difference between tunsil and conklin. tunsil might edge him out just tad in terms of natural talent, but conklin is the kind of mean SOB you want anchoring your line. you can have a favorite, but it's not like tennessee blew the pick and took some bum. they just got scared by some red flags and took the second-best guy. i think both are sure things, insomuch anybody can ever be a sure thing in the nfl draft.

i had no problem with the henry pick. they had what, THREE second rounders? they upgraded their DL talent significantly with two of the picks, and helped marcus out with a bruiser. demarco has a lot of miles in already, i don't see a problem with going with a 1-2 punch.
ImageImageImageImageImage
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

when it comes down to Tunsil, the weed is a huge risk. Even if the video was from the past, he is hitting a bong with a gas mask - he was obviously more than a guy who takes a hit time to time with their buddies.There are many guys who can't stop from getting suspended, losing entire seasons, because they can't put the pipe down for over a month. Concerning Henry, it doesn't matter if a guy won the Heisman, that is so irrelevant.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Time will tell, but most sites grading the Titans draft are giving them C, and most are like me and scratching their heads over the Henry and Conklin picks. I think there was better value late at RB, and they could have bolstered the DL or OL at that pick. And from what we've seen, D wins Super Bowls. Two stud DL in the 2nd along with the DE they already have, would have been huge in a division ripe for the taking.