Baylor

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Baylor

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:Let us not forget that the Oregon athletic department interrupted the investigation process following an incident with members of the basketball team, including reviewing records from a counseling session that was supposed to be privileged.

It's gross.

Still my biggest problem with Altman, nuf said, not looking for heat. I also wonder how quick Briles is picked up...... But good for Baylor, I have more respect for them.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

StevensTechU wrote:Let us not forget that the Oregon athletic department interrupted the investigation process following an incident with members of the basketball team, including reviewing records from a counseling session that was supposed to be privileged.

It's gross.
I'm on the fence about that. If the players did what was said the basketball program, and the school should be held responsible, but the police report does not paint the victim as a very credible person. There could've been more to it, but I quit paying attention to the whole thing because I just didn't know who to believe, and everyone in the whole case was looking more and more like a liar.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

StevensTechU wrote:Really happy to see that there are consequences for the actions these people have taken.

I'll be curious how quickly someone hires Briles to be a "advisor" for their program.
I guess. I don't honestly see how you can blame a head coach for various allegations, none of which have actually been proven. He was a great head coach, politics.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

QuackininBama wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Really happy to see that there are consequences for the actions these people have taken.

I'll be curious how quickly someone hires Briles to be a "advisor" for their program.
I guess. I don't honestly see how you can blame a head coach for various allegations, none of which have actually been proven. He was a great head coach, politics.
Did you actually read any of the official reports? It ain't politics...In certain instances, including reports of a sexual assault by multiple football players, athletics and football personnel affirmatively chose not to report sexual violence and dating violence to an appropriate administrator outside of athletics. In those instances, football coaches or staff met directly with a complainant and/or a parent of a complainant and did not report the misconduct.

...Football staff conducted their own untrained internal inquiries, outside of policy, which improperly discredited complainants and denied them the right to a fair, impartial and informed investigation,
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Re: Alan, Squints, QuackininBama

The point isn't whether young adults did the crime, it's that people from the athletic department attempted to bypass the judicial system and in some cases committed crimes (like accessing priveleged counseling sessions). I never read anything stating that Altman did that, because if I did I wouldn't ever forget and would forever be calling for his head no matter how many Ws he racked up, but someone/some people in the AD did do some shady ass s*** and it shouldn't be swept under the rug. As far as other schools, again it's about keeping the hell out of it. If a player sexually assaults a female, there is a way to handle that through the judicial system, and that way does not involve anybody wearing a school logo. If the person is innocent, the American judicial system will let us know that. As a fan, our responsibility is to hold our opinion until it all plays out.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:Re: Alan, Squints, QuackininBama

The point isn't whether young adults did the crime, it's that people from the athletic department attempted to bypass the judicial system and in some cases committed crimes (like accessing priveleged counseling sessions). I never read anything stating that Altman did that, because if I did I wouldn't ever forget and would forever be calling for his head no matter how many Ws he racked up, but someone/some people in the AD did do some shady ass s*** and it shouldn't be swept under the rug. As far as other schools, again it's about keeping the hell out of it. If a player sexually assaults a female, there is a way to handle that through the judicial system, and that way does not involve anybody wearing a school logo. If the person is innocent, the American judicial system will let us know that. As a fan, our responsibility is to hold our opinion until it all plays out.
I pretty much agree with all you said, in Baylor's case from reports it's pretty much a slam dunk for making a case of heads rolling. As far as Altman goes, if I recall correctly, he delayed the process until after the NCAA tournament so to allow the accused to play. The girl who was assaulted sued and received basically a full ride to Oregon...... Does that admit guilt by the players? probably not. I believe two of the three players have a law suit against Oregon now..... Can we assume innocence? Who knows.

For me it simply boils down to the character of players who a coaching staff recruits and signs, that's were it's 100% the responsibility of the athletic department and they should pay the price for their decisions.