Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

COPA

Post by UOducksTK1 »

http://www.ca2016.com/bracket

Can't believe Brazil went down... USA advances with a nice win against Costa Rica.

USA plays Ecuador in the Quarterfinals, who they already beat earlier this year in a friendly.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

Re: COPA

Post by Duck24 »

Headed up to Seattle on Thursday for the game. Looking forward to it, other than the fact I have to spend time in Seattle. Hopefully the US brings it and comes away with a victory.

As for Brazil, that butchered non-handball call last night is a makeup for the brutal out of bounds call against Ecuador.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck24 wrote:Headed up to Seattle on Thursday for the game. Looking forward to it, other than the fact I have to spend time in Seattle. Hopefully the US brings it and comes away with a victory.

As for Brazil, that butchered non-handball call last night is a makeup for the brutal out of bounds call against Ecuador.
Awesome have fun, I wish I could go. We should have a solid home field presence in Seattle, which is always a big bonus.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

USA takes down Ecuador, but the ref was card happy towards USA, so we will be missing a few key players against Argentina.

That red card......

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Fun game to go to, although quite disappointed at the turnout. They say there was 45,000 fans there but I highly doubt it. The entire upper deck was maybe 10% full it seemed like. Even though Portland's stadium is smaller, it would have been a much better atmosphere.

Now let's see if this team is for real and can get by why will likely be Messi and Argentina.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

It will be tough against Messi & Co on Tuesday. Just do better than Mexico did against Chile :lol: and it will have been a good tournament showing imo.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:It will be tough against Messi & Co on Tuesday. Just do better than Mexico did against Chile :lol: and it will have been a good tournament showing imo.
Argentina is playing incredible soccer, I don't think USA much of a chance.

Mexico got destroyed. Their fans are the worst of the tournament, throwing stuff at the players after goals...

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:It will be tough against Messi & Co on Tuesday. Just do better than Mexico did against Chile :lol: and it will have been a good tournament showing imo.

Mexico got destroyed. Their fans are the worst of the tournament, throwing stuff at the players after goals...
I'm really worried :?

Messi, Higuain, Mascherano, and Augusto Fernandez are all world class players.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Bud Lee wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

I'm really worried :?

Messi, Higuain, Mascherano, and Augusto Fernandez are all world class players.
You forgot Aguero ;)

Park the bus and hope to get one on the counter? If the US comes out in the 4-3-3 again, it will get ugly but then again the Argentina defense is soft.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Games like this infuriate me. The US is prohibitive underdogs with three starters suspended and rather than get young guys like Nagbe and Pulisic valuable and meaningful time, he plays a bunch of old guys who proceed to get pantsed in the first three minutes.
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Duck24 wrote:Games like this infuriate me. The US is prohibitive underdogs with three starters suspended and rather than get young guys like Nagbe and Pulisic valuable and meaningful time, he plays a bunch of old guys who proceed to get pantsed in the first three minutes.
I HATE Beckerman. I was telling my buddies that he provides nothing but backpasses during the last World Cup and it took them a half to see it. It is very frustrating how Jurgen wont play youth in "big" matches. Nagbe has been so impressive the past two years and can barely get a shout
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
Duck24 wrote:Games like this infuriate me. The US is prohibitive underdogs with three starters suspended and rather than get young guys like Nagbe and Pulisic valuable and meaningful time, he plays a bunch of old guys who proceed to get pantsed in the first three minutes.
I HATE Beckerman. I was telling my buddies that he provides nothing but backpasses during the last World Cup and it took them a half to see it. It is very frustrating how Jurgen wont play youth in "big" matches. Nagbe has been so impressive the past two years and can barely get a shout
Yeah Beckerman is my least favorite player on the roster, he doesn't belong. Followed by Zusi.

Also, nice to see USA got 0 shots off all game. :roll:

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
Yeah Beckerman is my least favorite player on the roster, he doesn't belong. Followed by Zusi.

Also, nice to see USA got 0 shots off all game. :roll:
According to Klinsmann, we are too worried about results :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Grats to Chile for taking down Argentina.