Five Star Recruit

Blake Barnett Transfers (Bama)

Post by Duckattack7 »

Return Of the Quack!
RanDux
Senior

Re: Blake Barnett Transfers (Bama)

Post by RanDux »

So should Oregon take him if he expresses an interest? I say no. I think it would damage their reputation with QB recruits and would certainly be used against them in negative recruiting by opposing coaches.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

I wouldn't take him he should have came in the first place. His loss have fun missing a year or dropping down a level.
Return Of the Quack!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

If there is mutual interest on both sides, why wouldn't Helf and Co look at bringing another QB into the fold? I believe he would miss a few games next season due to the timing of his transfer, which would complicate things but why would you ever hold a grudge against a recruit who didn't pick you out of HS if you believe he could help you win games?

As for the negative recruiting, schools have been doing it to Oregon forever so that would be the least of my concern.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

How can this be used against recruiting? Kids transfer all the time and I'm personally all for the NCAA dropping the one year loss in eligibility.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OMy own personal feeling is I need a break from transfer QB's I don't know if Barnett would be a one and done or if he has a couple of years, it doesn't matter to me. If we can't recruit and develope a QB I will happily jump on the "we need a change" bandwagon. In anticipation of the "we haven't developed a QB since Mariota" folks, I'm not ready for the bandwagon yet. :D
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Bud Lee wrote:How can this be used against recruiting? Kids transfer all the time and I'm personally all for the NCAA dropping the one year loss in eligibility.
I think opposing coaches are probably already criticizing us for not developing our own QBs and going the transfer route the last 2 years.