Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Post by Phenom »

I think they're going to have to end up trading CJ. Maybe package him and picks for Paul George or Jimmy Butler. Not sure how doable that is, though.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

love me some paul george but he's about to sign the mother of all contracts. if he makes the all nba team this year his deal could be worth more than $42 mil annually; indy would have to agree to take on most of our toxic contracts in a sign and trade just to match the numbers, then we'd have north of $70 mil tied into just lillard and george.
ImageImageImageImageImage
nogerO
Senior

Don't want this to be mistaken

Post by nogerO »

for some sort of insensitive comment but reality is no star black player wants to play in Portland, Oregon. The best we're going to do is make the playoffs most of the time and occasionally even make it to round 2 or 3. Other than that? Forget about it.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phenom wrote:I think they're going to have to end up trading CJ. Maybe package him and picks for Paul George or Jimmy Butler. Not sure how doable that is, though.
They need to keep their good players and hope to get lucky in the draft. Dame and CJ should be off limits as far as trade talks go.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think it depends on the person. Guys who solely focus on basketball ( Lillard, CJ, Durant, ) are and said they would have been happy here. Westbrook enjoys OKC. Guys who focus on their brand and nightlife; which is a majority for sure would not enjoy Portland. Out of the 'star' players in the NBA, probably around 20% would fall into the category of truly considering/enjoying Portland and the smaller markets.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

nogerO wrote:
Phenom wrote:I think they're going to have to end up trading CJ. Maybe package him and picks for Paul George or Jimmy Butler. Not sure how doable that is, though.
They need to keep their good players and hope to get lucky in the draft. Dame and CJ should be off limits as far as trade talks go.
Then they should get comfortable with 1st round exits.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

IMO short on cash, there are some in-house things we could do to get better. evan turner worked very well alongside isaiah thomas in boston. thomas, like lillard, is a score-first point guard. if guys are able to put aside their egos for the sake of the team, starting ET at the 2 and moving 3J to the bench sounds like a positive move to me. we gain size in the backcourt, our bench scoring increases, and we get away from a line-up that features three players who need the ball in their hands to be effective. stotts started all three in the playoffs, and it was *awful*. playing all three together either makes ET useless because he isn't very good off the ball, or it gives him the ball and turns our two max contract guys into simple spot-up shooters. no bueno. the starting unit can showcase lillard and nurkic, 3J can go nuts against other second teams.

i would package whatever it takes to move up near #10 and take gonzaga's zach collins. he isn't a ready-made plug-and-play big man, but it's not like we'll be contending next year anyway. he can play the 4 or 5 so he's both A.) a long term solution option playing next to nurk, and B.) insurance for nurk (love the big guy, but he does not scream 82-games-a-season to me). the best thing about aminu is 1.) his contract, and B.) his defense, in that order. we need to get better at the 4. a lot better.

if we still have our #26 (like i said, i'd package whatever is necessary to move up to grab collins), i'd take whoever's still available: justin jackson or og anunoby. i don't necessarily think either will ever be all nba, or even an above average nba starter, but jackson's offense looks like it will translate pretty well to the nba and anunoby has, like, a 7'6 wingspan and could be an amazing defensive stopper. either way, they can develop behind harkless. harkless has three years left, right around the time we'd be needing to think about extending one of them, and whoever looks like they'll help us more long term gets the extension.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Olshey absolutely roasted Canzano over his article about the culture in the Blazers' locker room, which according to Jason Quick. he never actually went into once this season. He also called him out for getting complimentary tickets to games so he could bring family/friends and take selfies with different stars, namely those on Golden State.

http://deadspin.com/local-columnist-whi ... 1794650791
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Hey do you Blazer fans want LaMarcus Aldridge back? I promise he's really good, he looked great in the playoffs so far. He's certainly not extremely soft and he never misses easy inside shots with small guys guarding him, and he never lets anyone outfight him. Spurs fans love him but we thought we'd be nice and let you guys have him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

god no.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

oregontrack wrote:god no.
Please???????? :( He's wasting my team's money!

squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
oregontrack wrote:god no.
Please???????? :( He's wasting my team's money!

Nope, thank you for taking him. I was extremely happy when he chose not to come back
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

you can't trade C.J. for Paul George, he'll just leave after next season for the Lakers. LaMarcus had a good first half yesterday, but then missed some easy shots once Kawhi went down.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

thomas time wrote:you can't trade C.J. for Paul George, he'll just leave after next season for the Lakers. LaMarcus had a good first half yesterday, but then missed some easy shots once Kawhi went down.
Of course Aldridge disappeared when the team needed him most. I thought about starting a new thread here about if that play where Zaza fouled Kawhi on that jump shot was a dirty play.

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
thomas time wrote:you can't trade C.J. for Paul George, he'll just leave after next season for the Lakers. LaMarcus had a good first half yesterday, but then missed some easy shots once Kawhi went down.
Of course Aldridge disappeared when the team needed him most. I thought about starting a new thread here about if that play where Zaza fouled Kawhi on that jump shot was a dirty play.

Whether it was or wasn't, I don't think Pop or the Spurs can ever complain about it as Bruce Bowen did that continuously through his whole career and was defended for it saying it wasn't dirty.