Anybody else think

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Anybody else think

Post by nogerO »

Tony Romo’s voice is aggravating? And he talks too much.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Anybody else think

Post by EncinitasDuck »

No, I think he's great. Love his ability to give insights into the plays, what the QB is thinking, how he goes through reads, see's the defense etc.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

EncinitasDuck wrote:No, I think he's great. Love his ability to give insights into the plays, what the QB is thinking, how he goes through reads, see's the defense etc.

Agreed, he gives a ton of great insight but also isn’t overly polished with the way he speaks. He sounds more like he’s sitting in your living room having a couple beers with you watching the game
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

alabamaduck wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:No, I think he's great. Love his ability to give insights into the plays, what the QB is thinking, how he goes through reads, see's the defense etc.

Agreed, he gives a ton of great insight but also isn’t overly polished with the way he speaks. He sounds more like he’s sitting in your living room having a couple beers with you watching the game
I’d much prefer that to some of the other stiffs on TV. He’s not polished yet but find another announcer with half as much correct pre-snap analysis as him.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

He knows his stuff and I appreciate his analysis but his voice sucks.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

I actually like Romo in the booth! As far as his voice is concerned....for me it's like listening to Colin Cowherd. When I first heard him several years ago, I HATED his radio voice. But as time went on...his analysis, insight and excellent perspectives on football and sports in general overrode his terrible voice. I'm sure that over time we'll forgive Tony Romo for his "Dennis the Menace" sounding voice. :lol: