All Pac-12

Re: Are we going to the playoffs?

Post by Bud Lee »

I think the playoff will end up being

1)LSU 13-0
2)Clemson 13-0
3)Minnesota 13-0
4) Oregon 12-1

I mean, it will likely be Ohio State but I can see Minnesota rowing that boat right into the playoffs and a undefeated season. Ohio State hasn't been tested and Minnesota is playing out of their minds right now!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Bud Lee wrote:AU is far from mediocre. It would not surprise me if they win out and beat Georgia and Bama in the process.
But that would mean the SEC is medio... Err, has PARITY!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

woundedknees wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:AU is far from mediocre. It would not surprise me if they win out and beat Georgia and Bama in the process.
I mean...to state the obvious they did beat Oregon so what would that say about the PAC :D

When I say a team is "mediocre" I'm not normally talking about a team like AU. I would say North Carolina, Texas, USC, Texas A&M, and Kansas State are mediocre. All middle of the road teams that can put up a big win against quality opponents but can't string together wins to really do something.

With that said though maybe they are mediocre, though I don't see them losing more than three games this year. All three of which would be against a team ranked 6th or higher.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Again, I'm not taking Auburn's rankings into consideration, simply their standings in the SEC. And 5th is not one of the top, it's closer to middle of the road. If you consider their rankings yes they're good, but I'm simply looking at only their standings within the SEC. And it wouldn't surprise me to see them lose 2 more games in the SEC. If that's the case, and if Oregon wins out and wins the Pac-12, it would make sense for the committee to consider the SEC in higher regards with the fact that the Pac-12 champions who went undefeated in conference play lost to an SEC team that finished middle of the road and had 4 conference losses. Geez you people are so sensitive to the "SEC bias"! I'm just trying to say, and this is all I've been trying to say, if the Pac-12 wants to remove this bias, then win some darn big non-conference games.

It's the same as last year. The Pac-12 champions from last year, Washington, also lost to Auburn, who finished 3-5 in conference play and was in the bottom half of the SEC standings. These losses are a really bad look for the Pac-12 and certainly show just how superior the SEC is.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Bud Lee wrote:
woundedknees wrote:
I mean...to state the obvious they did beat Oregon so what would that say about the PAC :D

When I say a team is "mediocre" I'm not normally talking about a team like AU. I would say North Carolina, Texas, USC, Texas A&M, and Kansas State are mediocre. All middle of the road teams that can put up a big win against quality opponents but can't string together wins to really do something.

With that said though maybe they are mediocre, though I don't see them losing more than three games this year. All three of which would be against a team ranked 6th or higher.
Even if this is sarcasm, which I think it is, this is exactly the problem with the Pac-12 losing big non-conference games. We can whine about Oregon being left out with 1 loss, but the committee can simply remind us that the Pac-12's best lost to an SEC team that wasn't close to the top. Why should the Pac-12 be taken seriously when their best in two consecutive seasons lose to an Auburn team that isn't a contender, or even close for one of the years, for the SEC championship?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

That is a fair point, I didn't look at it that way.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
woundedknees wrote:

Even if this is sarcasm, which I think it is, this is exactly the problem with the Pac-12 losing big non-conference games. We can whine about Oregon being left out with 1 loss, but the committee can simply remind us that the Pac-12's best lost to an SEC team that wasn't close to the top. Why should the Pac-12 be taken seriously when their best in two consecutive seasons lose to an Auburn team that isn't a contender, or even close for one of the years, for the SEC championship?
Well in fairness, it doesn't count when it's Washington, because they never deserve a shot regardless of circumstances.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
woundedknees wrote:

Well in fairness, it doesn't count when it's Washington, because they never deserve a shot regardless of circumstances.
Nuff sed!

AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Are we going to the playoffs?
No

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

AutzenMember wrote:
Are we going to the playoffs?
No

Concur.