Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Maybe we can get a top pick. It'll be fun to watch Lillard and McCollum.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Post by karlhungis »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Maybe we can get a top pick. It'll be fun to watch Lillard and McCollum.
I don't think we will be bad enough for a top pick but not good enough to be competitive. It's going to be a rough stretch.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

No matter I think this season will be fun. If they win 20 games then we can expect a top pick and hopefully ben Simmons. If they win 40 games then they far exceeded expectations and there will be a lot of exciting games and players to watch.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I'm guessing between 28-32 wins, and somehow getting lucky in the lottery to get Simmons. Personally I hope Plumlee, Aminu and Meyers do well since I got them on my fantasy team, so I hope Stotts gives them all 30 minutes a game. I think all 3 will surprise people if they start and get 25-32 minutes a game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

And the season begins...

dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Well that went well. Especially the first quarter. Great to see CJ play so well.
bb3065
Two Star Recruit

Post by bb3065 »

This team reminds me so much of the 2013-14 Phoneix Suns! They had two point guards in the backcourt, they had a Plumlee as their starting center, and they played a very fast and exciting brand of basketball. I think this Blazers team is much better than that team was, and they just missed the playoffs when they were expected to tank. I know I'm in the minority, but I just have a feeling we're going to make the playoffs but if they don't, this team is going to be very fun to watch for years to come!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

bb3065 wrote:This team reminds me so much of the 2013-14 Phoneix Suns! They had two point guards in the backcourt, they had a Plumlee as their starting center, and they played a very fast and exciting brand of basketball. I think this Blazers team is much better than that team was, and they just missed the playoffs when they were expected to tank. I know I'm in the minority, but I just have a feeling we're going to make the playoffs but if they don't, this team is going to be very fun to watch for years to come!
I'm with you, there seem to be glimmers of a good team, and I don't think any of the prognosticators were accounting for a McCollum breakout season (we'll see if he can follow up his tremendous game). One problem I see is that Lillard needs to calm down and stop jacking up bad shots. It will also be interesting to see how Henderson works into the mix, if at all.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

There are six great teams in the west and then probably pelicans in at 7. I think jazz, suns, kings, blazers, and mavs all have pieces and p potential to get in at 8.

Blazers have a lot of good young players locked up but obviously need another centerpiece plAyer to be a contender down the road.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Nice opening win, but Suns beat us by 18 tonight.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Suns got us again, although if we could hit our FTs, it may have been a different game. McCollum and Lillard are both averaging 22.7ppg, but Lillard's percentages are awful.

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Impressive win at Utah, winning by 16 on the road even with committing 10 more turnovers than the Jazz and being poor at the free-throw line.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yup, No shame in back to back road wins, but outside of probably the Suns, we haven't faced a playoff caliber team yet. Game against Grizzlies will be a solid test.

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

. . . which appears that they passed pretty well . . .
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Greenblood wrote:. . . which appears that they passed pretty well . . .
Haha that was my reaction as well. Lillard and McCollum have been playing lights out. If we keep shooting over 50% every game, we will beat playoffs teams. But there's no way that will sustain.