Baylor Football scandal may get worse

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Baylor Football scandal may get worse

Post by greenyellow »

More bad news as some alleged texts from Art Briles show how poorly he handled certain situations involving his players.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... uments-say
http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/02/art-brile ... -messages/
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I wonder if that's why he dropped his lawsuit?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Sadly those stupid fans in Waco still support Briles. I mean, Waco really is the weirdest place in Texas, which automatically qualifies you for weirdest in the country. I think it's the place where truly evil people go to pretend they are religious. They aren't demons, per se, just really confused about their true natures. Like, closeted demons or something. They really want to be bad and terrible, but they just don't want to be judged for it, so they overcompensate. Subconsciously, they hate God for doing this to them. Parental issues most likely.
PChung15
One Star Recruit

Post by PChung15 »

ifuwant2 wrote:Sadly those stupid fans in Waco still support Briles. I mean, Waco really is the weirdest place in Texas, which automatically qualifies you for weirdest in the country. I think it's the place where truly evil people go to pretend they are religious. They aren't demons, per se, just really confused about their true natures. Like, closeted demons or something. They really want to be bad and terrible, but they just don't want to be judged for it, so they overcompensate. Subconsciously, they hate God for doing this to them. Parental issues most likely.
Good luck with all of that DeMarco, you could have started here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

karlhungis wrote:I wonder if that's why he dropped his lawsuit?
If I am an 8-Ball, I'm guessing very likely!
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Read those articles and am pretty much shocked at his behavior. That's the epitome of win at all costs. Wtf!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

TualatinDuck wrote:Read those articles and am pretty much shocked at his behavior. That's the epitome of win at all costs. Wtf!
You should read the Colorado stuff that just came out today. Not 51 rapes bad but not a good look for a program that just had a banner year.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Duck24 wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:Read those articles and am pretty much shocked at his behavior. That's the epitome of win at all costs. Wtf!
You should read the Colorado stuff that just came out today. Not 51 rapes bad but not a good look for a program that just had a banner year.
I am in no way blaming the victim/accuser in the Colorado case, but 80 instances of abuse over 2 years? Seems like she would have filed charges a long time ago. Maybe she did, who knows. but I will just never understand why someone would keep going back. Just makes no sense whatsoever.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
I am in no way blaming the victim/accuser in the Colorado case, but 80 instances of abuse over 2 years? Seems like she would have filed charges a long time ago. Maybe she did, who knows. but I will just never understand why someone would keep going back. Just makes no sense whatsoever.
Perspective, I have a woman that works for me now that her ex is a super stalker. He's escalating and has threatened to shoot her current boyfriend. He's shown up at the local watering hole and mingled with employees as none of us knew him or what he looked like. The bar has willingly said they will 86 him but she won't pull that trigger as she is afraid he will kill her.

Every situation is different. I'm pushing her to get a restraining order and to allow the bar to 86 him to protect her but she will have none of it. She's that beat down and scared. Btw she is the most beautiful woman I have ever known. Shouldn't be that way.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

TualatinDuck wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
Perspective, I have a woman that works for me now that her ex is a super stalker. He's escalating and has threatened to shoot her current boyfriend. He's shown up at the local watering hole and mingled with employees as none of us knew him or what he looked like. The bar has willingly said they will 86 him but she won't pull that trigger as she is afraid he will kill her.

Every situation is different. I'm pushing her to get a restraining order and to allow the bar to 86 him to protect her but she will have none of it. She's that beat down and scared. Btw she is the most beautiful woman I have ever known. Shouldn't be that way.
Scary stuff. I know a woman who has an ex-bf stalker that has been following her for 7-years. Most recently she tried the restraining order deal but that made it worse because then the stalker knew her address (have to list an address for him to stay away from), and he so blatantly disregards the law it's not a deterrent for him.

Some people are just very imbalanced.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Really makes you wonder how the NCAA choses which teams to punish and which to ignore.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

karlhungis wrote:
Really makes you wonder how the NCAA choses which teams to punish and which to ignore.
There was conjecture on ESPN that the long-established teams e.g. Alabama, USC, Penn St receive much higher scrutiny and punishments than schools like Baylor that only recently have become prominent. Hard to argue with that assessment based on what we've seen in the last decade, albeit a very small sample size.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

When it rains it pours.

Baylor has fired assistant strength coach Brandon Washington after he was arrested in a Waco prostitution stin

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ion-charge
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

FlDuckFan wrote:When it rains it pours.

Baylor has fired assistant strength coach Brandon Washington after he was arrested in a Waco prostitution stin

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ion-charge
That's much worse than what Oregon's S&C coach did. I think all the issues that happened to Oregon are now being eclipsed by the trainwreck that is Baylor.