Pretty sad

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Pretty sad

Post by nogerO »

so I stopped by educk and there's an announcement that the management is closing down "open season" because there are too many posts there that have nothing to do with football. Now for anyone who has been around that site since it's inception like me, that's hilarious! Open season used to be just what it sounds like, open season. Anything goes. So now they want everyone who want to talk about football to pay for a subscription and go to "the pond". Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess, but please be up front about the real reasons behind decisions like that instead of "there's too many softball and basketball and women's stuff and it's just impossible for viewers to wade through it all!!!" Laughable, especially when I always click view active topics when I open this site.

Edit-pretty thin skinned over there. It looks like I've been banned for posting a link to this site, LOL!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Pretty sad

Post by woundedknees »

I can't remember the last time I went over there.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

eDuck is a strange place. the track board is a great assembly of knowledge and passion for the sport. the woodshed is the single largest cesspool on the internet. the football boards are largely run by an older, far right crowd who seem to make up the rules and mood of the boards as they go.

if i've gotten into an argument with someone on this board, it leaves my mind the moment i log off or put my phone down. but people on eDuck hold grudges against other members going back a decade and a half. it's just a weird place.
ImageImageImageImageImage
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

oregontrack wrote:eDuck is a strange place. the track board is a great assembly of knowledge and passion for the sport. the woodshed is the single largest cesspool on the internet. the football boards are largely run by an older, far right crowd who seem to make up the rules and mood of the boards as they go.

if i've gotten into an argument with someone on this board, it leaves my mind the moment i log off or put my phone down. but people on eDuck hold grudges against other members going back a decade and a half. it's just a weird place.
It's a good place to go get verbally slapped around by peeps with "superior" opinions of their own knowledge. Take umbrage, and there is usually a g
Greek chorus there to pile on!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:eDuck is a strange place. the track board is a great assembly of knowledge and passion for the sport. the woodshed is the single largest cesspool on the internet. the football boards are largely run by an older, far right crowd who seem to make up the rules and mood of the boards as they go.

It is a weird place. But 10 years ago, it was the only viable option when it came to free Oregon Ducks boards. There was really nothing else. I would post there for a bit, but the weird vibes actually prompted me to start this forum.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

the open season situation -- mentioned in the first post of this thread -- is particularly funny because for YEARS posters tried to self-police themselves and helpfully mention to other users that "oh, open season is meant for football, free throws is where you want to go talk about hoops" but that older crowd of posters who more or less run eDuck now would always jump in and declare open season a board for whatever people wanted to talk about.

essentially, steve's complaining about something that his long time customer base and fiercest defenders helped cultivate.
ImageImageImageImageImage
duck92
Two Star Recruit

Post by duck92 »

I stay away from open season but read free throws and the mill race. Basketball info can be hard to find and info on women's sports is rarely talked about here. Vu duck is what keeps me going back to the mill race.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

And god forbid if you have an opinion that differs from the PC, drink the green Kool-Aid, self-righteous, self important, self appointed mind police on that cess pool. Having lived in Eugene or as I call it Newgene (which pissed some off lol) it's surprising the non-tolerance of that bunch. Anyway, so glad to have found this site all those years ago. I have posted links to this site on that board a few times and got scolded in PM's and also sent PM's to a lot of people who I thought would be good posters for our group. Some of you may have followed a link here, who knows? Happy to be here where I can post my thoughts or opinions and people actually want to discuss the subject instead of shouting you down or get in a pissing match! :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine