Titan fans, any guesses on their #5 tonight?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Titan fans, any guesses on their #5 tonight?

Post by Alan »

Any thoughts on what the Titans do with their #5 overall pic tonight? A cb or can they wait until later for a good cb? Maybe Allen, DT out of Bama? Trade down? They have some good picks again this year, without checking they have two first round picks and two second round pics, one being a high second round and a pick each round to follow.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Titan fans, any guesses on their #5 tonight?

Post by Phenom »

Trade
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phenom wrote:Trade
Put me on the trade down list.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i'm pretty sure tennessee doesn't have any second round picks this year.

according to a few titans blogs i follow their biggest needs are CB, WR, and S. if they can trade down to acquire a second and still get their top targets, great. with two first rounders it just depends on who they covet more, the top CB (marshon lattimore) or top wr (mike williams). i myself would take mike williams, because i feel there are two elite WR prospects (john ross being the other) and i don't think he'll make it to 18, whereas there are more top CB prospects slotted in the back half of the first round. they could grab mike williams and adoree jackson in the 1st round, for example. that's a huge influx of talent and athleticism.

if they are able to trade down a bit and do pick up a second rounder, i'd take a good, hard look at budda baker.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

oregontrack wrote:i'm pretty sure tennessee doesn't have any second round picks this year.

according to a few titans blogs i follow their biggest needs are CB, WR, and S. if they can trade down to acquire a second and still get their top targets, great. with two first rounders it just depends on who they covet more, the top CB (marshon lattimore) or top wr (mike williams). i myself would take mike williams, because i feel there are two elite WR prospects (john ross being the other) and i don't think he'll make it to 18, whereas there are more top CB prospects slotted in the back half of the first round. they could grab mike williams and adoree jackson in the 1st round, for example. that's a huge influx of talent and athleticism.

if they are able to trade down a bit and do pick up a second rounder, i'd take a good, hard look at budda baker.
You're correct, they have #5 and 18 in the first and no second round and two third round picks.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/ten ... see-titans
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

oregontrack wrote:i'm pretty sure tennessee doesn't have any second round picks this year.

John Ross is going to be the biggest bust in the first round mostly because someone is going to reach way too far for him. I'm not just saying that because he's a Husky either. He's a 5'10 WR with major injuries to both knees (micro fracture on one and ACL in the other). I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

#5 is too high for Williams.

I feel like the best WR in the draft is Davis from Western Michigan. His injury concerns me though.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i've seen several mocks w/ williams going to tennessee @ 5. tennessee may indeed try to trade down, you just have to be careful you don't trade yourself out of the player you covet most. which i'm not saying is williams, for the record. i just have the same concerns over john ross that Duck24 has, so i want to make sure the titans come away w/ an elite playmaker for marcus.
ImageImageImageImageImage
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I think they are going to draft Williams. Will they trade down a bit to do so? Iffy to predict where he will go. I think with the 18th pick they take the best CB available. This draft has a lot of safeties and I think they will pick a good one in round 3.
Last edited by nogerO on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

nogerO wrote:This draft is loaded with safeties. I think they trade down and get a second and 4th rd pick and get their receiver, I'm hoping willians as Ross is too small and injury prone. and use their next few picks on safeties and cornerbacks.
They'll trade down and grab: Corey Webster 1st picket
Trade 18 for two 2nd round picks and grab CB from Colorado in 2nd round.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Corey Webster?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I was kind of hoping they would land Cooper Kupp , I think he's been a bit underrated and is going to have a good career in the NFL.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phenom wrote:Corey Webster?
Assume he means Corey Davis from Western Michigan. I believe Corey Webster was a DB out of LSU who played for the NY Giants back a few years ago.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Everybody wants to trade down a few spots in this draft. I think they may actually go DL with someone like a Solomon Thomas or Jonathan Allen rather than DB. I think their first pick is likely defense first than offense with the second.

If Jon Robinson finds a trade partner it's hard to say. Their fans at music city miracles are very gung ho for a Wr/CB combo but I really wouldn't be shocked to see them go DE or ILB as their first pick because the apparent depth of this draft is at positions they have a big need for so you might go elsewhere first knowing you can still get quality at CB later on.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

FlDuckFan wrote:I was kind of hoping they would land Cooper Kupp , I think he's been a bit underrated and is going to have a good career in the NFL.
He does all the same things that Tajae Sharpe does though imo.