OSU getting smashed by Minnesota

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

OSU getting smashed by Minnesota

Post by greenyellow »

In another sign of a long season, OSU is getting absolutely manhandled by Minnesota 41-14 late in the 4th quarter. Not sure I see OSU winning more than 4 games this season.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: OSU getting smashed by Minnesota

Post by lukeyrid13 »

greenyellow wrote:In another sign of a long season, OSU is getting absolutely manhandled by Minnesota 41-14 late in the 4th quarter. Not sure I see OSU winning more than 4 games this season.
I don't think 4 is attainable. Do you see ANY more wins on their schedule?

Is Tyner hurt? I looked up box score and he has zero carries.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:In another sign of a long season, OSU is getting absolutely manhandled by Minnesota 41-14 late in the 4th quarter. Not sure I see OSU winning more than 4 games this season.
I don't think 4 is attainable. Do you see ANY more wins on their schedule?

Is Tyner hurt? I looked up box score and he has zero carries.
He was hurt again as I saw on Twitter he wasn't dressed. Can't say I'm shocked.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Now 48-14 Minnesota. Wonder if they're going to make a QB change anytime soon.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Apathy is part of the culture in that program. Andersen has his work cut out for him.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

That was a home game for the Beavs. I really didn't see them being this bad this year.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

How much longer does Anderson get?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

pezsez1 wrote:How much longer does Anderson get?
Who could they possibly replace him with? The corpse of Dennis Erickson?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Beats can't afford to fire andersen he under contract till 2021 and if they fire him the have to pay his full contract
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

Riley really left the cupboards bare. This was always going to be a major rebuild, but you'd also like to see *some* progress by year three. Instead, the Beavs look just as hapless now as they did his 1-11 first season (or whatever record they had). Anderson tried to sell this team as a tough/hard-nosed, but as I mentioned in another thread, the reality is they looked "tough and hard nosed" against two really pathetic teams at the end of last year. They don't have a single position group that is league-average.

What's even more unfortunate for them is that a few teams they might be competitive with (Cal, Arizona) they get on the road. I could see them beating Arizona State late in the season, as i think very little of Todd Graham and the job he's done. The Devils will likely have completely given up by then, and OSU could win that pillow fight in Reser.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

The cupboards were almost perpetually 'bare' in the offseasons under Riley. That's what happens when you go to the JUCO well every year and you don't win enough to keep NFL talent from going to the League early. But that said, Riley replenished those cupboards as often as anyone reasonably could in Corvallis. Andersen is losing with Andersen players; can't blame that on Riley.

I don't see a QB change happening because there's nobody challenging for the QB1 spot. The biggest issue is that defense. It's absolutely swiss cheese.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

They actually gave him an extension last year after winning 4 games...
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Yeah and they beat their biggest rival last year too. Just sayin...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

StevensTechU wrote:The cupboards were almost perpetually 'bare' in the offseasons under Riley. That's what happens when you go to the JUCO well every year and you don't win enough to keep NFL talent from going to the League early. But that said, Riley replenished those cupboards as often as anyone reasonably could in Corvallis. Andersen is losing with Andersen players; can't blame that on Riley.

I don't see a QB change happening because there's nobody challenging for the QB1 spot. The biggest issue is that defense. It's absolutely swiss cheese.
I disagree; with all the talk of Riley's "hidden gems" over the years, the backbone of OSU's success in his second stint was quality player development and relying on a mature team of 4th and 5th year players to go against other, more talented programs. This obviously wasn't a Rose Bowl strategy, but it was enough to usually win 7-9 games. They always had a modesty, steady stream of talent to rely on, often defensively, and Riley was a good enough QB guru to find a guy who could fit his system and they'd pull a Biletnikoff winner out of thin air.

I don't know what happened Riley's last three years or so, but it all just stopped. After Mannion's last year, I think he understood full well what was about to happen to OSU and, already on the hot seat, knew it was time to bolt. Unless we're simply arguing the semantics of what a "bare cupboard" means, at no time in the Riley era were they as empty and as talentless as they were immediately after his last season. There was more talent flowing through Portland State than what Riley left Andersen.

I totally agree Andersen's largely losing with his own players, and said it would be nice to see some semblance of improvement since he's in year three. All I'm saying is that he had a major rebuild on his hand, worse than the mess Paul Wulff left Mike Leach IMO (and Andersen doesn't have the ready-made system that Leach brought to Pullman). It too Mike MacIntyre four full seasons to win in Boulder, but at least we saw glimpses of promise in years 2 and 3. I'm not seeing anything from OSU yet.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Don't see them winning another game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13