Arizona State by the numbers

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Arizona State by the numbers

Post by karlhungis »

Defense
Rush defense: 91st, giving up 4.92ypc.
Pass defense: 125th, QB's are completing 68% of their passes and they give up 8 yards per attempt.
Scoring defense: 118th, giving up 37.7ppg.
Sacks: 4th, averaging 4.33 sacks per game.
Opponent first downs: 116th, giving up 25 per game.
Long plays allowed:
10 yards - 118th (54)
20 yards - 122nd (20)
30 yards - 88th (7)

Offense
Rushing offense: 116th, averaging 2.5ypc and 98ypg
Passing offense: 21st, averaging 315ypg and 9.1 yards per attempt
Scoring offense: 50th, 34ppg.
First downs: 75th, 20.3 per game
3rd down conversions: 58th, 42.22%
Sacks allowed: 128th, giving up an average of 5 sacks per game.
Explosion plays
10 yards - 54th (43)
20 yards - 41st (15)
30 yards - 56th (6)
40 yards - 25th (5)
50 yards - 9th (4)
60 yards - 60th (1)
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Arizona State by the numbers

Post by karlhungis »

So, looking at the numbers and they have the most prolific passing offense we have played so far. So, I expect our young corners to be tested. The also give up a lot of sacks, so I think we will be able to get a lot of pressure on the QB and force some errant throws which hopefully lead to some turnovers. It doesn't look like they have a defense built to stop us since they are bad in just about every category other than sacks. I am still looking for a replay of their TTU game and would appreciate it if anyone is able to track one down.
OregonFan4life -
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon gets 3 interceptions in this one. ASU is heavily reliant on the pass, and our guys are not going to allow the big windows that ASU's other opponents have.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ASU's D is bad.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UOducksTK1 wrote:ASU's D is bad.
And they should feel bad.
OregonFan4life -
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I don't get the bad run game for ASU this year, unless their OLine stinks because they have a really talented RB in Ballage. Stats: Position: Running Back. Height: 6-3. Weight: 230. Class: Senior.

ASU used to have a pretty decent run attack.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I don't get the bad run game for ASU this year, unless their OLine stinks because they have a really talented RB in Ballage. Stats: Position: Running Back. Height: 6-3. Weight: 230. Class: Senior.

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

UofDuck wrote:I don't get the bad run game for ASU this year, unless their OLine stinks because they have a really talented RB in Ballage. Stats: Position: Running Back. Height: 6-3. Weight: 230. Class: Senior.

Yeah, their offensive line was considered one of their weaknesses (or at least biggest question marks) headed into the season, so I am sure that is the primary reason. Ballage and Demario Richard are talented backs though, so the Ducks can't sleep on them.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

gogreen55 wrote:
UofDuck wrote:I don't get the bad run game for ASU this year, unless their OLine stinks because they have a really talented RB in Ballage. Stats: Position: Running Back. Height: 6-3. Weight: 230. Class: Senior.

Yeah, their offensive line was considered one of their weaknesses (or at least biggest question marks) headed into the season, so I am sure that is the primary reason. Ballage and Demario Richard are talented backs though, so the Ducks can't sleep on them.
Which is weird because they returned most of their starters, but the OL has been a mess. I have a feeling this will be Youngs coming out party. If you go back and focus just on Young in the Wyoming game, his first step is incredible and Wyoming could only hold him and double team him to stop him. We got a real steal here, I think we'll hit Wilkins as much or more than we got to Allen.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:

Which is weird because they returned most of their starters, but the OL has been a mess. I have a feeling this will be Youngs coming out party. If you go back and focus just on Young in the Wyoming game, his first step is incredible and Wyoming could only hold him and double team him to stop him. We got a real steal here, I think we'll hit Wilkins as much or more than we got to Allen.
Not to sidetrack.... that Wyoming game was one of the worst I've seen as far as holds not being called. They could have and should have thrown the flag every set of downs and a few times on every "drive" against Wyoming for holding Young alone. Some may say I'm exaggerating and they are probably right but it's not by much, I haven't rewatched it to know for certain.