Damn Bud!

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Damn Bud!

Post by nogerO »

Your tigres pretty much, well, not to candy coat it, they kinda suck this year.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Damn Bud!

Post by karlhungis »

There is a reason Oregon is only viewed as an interim head coach and a reason why he failed at Ole Miss.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Wrong Board...

And I know , sucks man. I think this was going to happen this year no matter who was at the helm. We just don't have a good team right now. I blame bad picks in the previous 5 years of recruiting classes that didn't work out and aren't even on the team anymore. Then there is all the talent that left early in the past 3 years.

It just isn't there this year and I'm seriously worried we won't make it to 6 wins.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Bud Lee wrote:Wrong Board...

And I know , sucks man. I think this was going to happen this year no matter who was at the helm. We just don't have a good team right now. I blame bad picks in the previous 5 years of recruiting classes that didn't work out and aren't even on the team anymore. Then there is all the talent that left early in the past 3 years.

It just isn't there this year and I'm seriously worried we won't make it to 6 wins.
So are Ducks fans after this past weekend.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Are you on the Orgeron train?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Come on,

Recruiting class rankings for LSU
2017 - #7
2016 - #6
2015 - #12
2014 - #2

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons behind LSU's bad season but a lack of talent is absolutely not one of them. Troy beat you with a team of players that would not be given a scholarship at LSU.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

At least 19 kids from those classes are gone now and we have played around 20 true freshman this year. I'm not saying we don't have any talent, I'm saying they we don't have the riches that we use to and certainly no where near the depth and experience that we normally have. On top of that we have some big injuries that are really hurting us. Another injury on the O-Line and we will be starting a walk on.

2014 Class

Leonard Fournette - NFL
Malachi Dupre - NFL
Jamal Adams - NFL
Trey Quinn - NFL
Clifton Garrett - No longer on team
Brandon Harriss - Transfer
Travonte Valentine - No longer on team
Davon Godchaux - NFL
Tony Upchurch - Transfer
Trey Lealaimatafao - No longer on team

2015 Class

Tyron Johnson - at OSU
Chidi Valentine-Okeke - Transfer
Jazz Ferguson - At Miami
Isaiah Washington - transfer
Shiply - Transfer

2016 Class

Rashard Lawrence - injured
Saivion Smith - trasfer
Travonte Valentine - Tranfer AGAIN
Lindsey Scott - Transfer
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

And don't get me wrong , we should of beat Troy with the team that we have. I'm not trying to pour mouth here, however it is clear that we are thin right now. Admittedly just one of many issues we have right now.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

So you're not donating to this?

https://www.gofundme.com/save-lsu-football
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Phenom wrote:So you're not donating to this?

https://www.gofundme.com/save-lsu-football

No I'm not :lol:

Like it or not we are locked in with O for two more seasons in my opinion. Best thing to do is to support him and hope that he can turn things around and have more success next year. A knee jerk fire would be disastrous.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Coming off of total suckage last year ourselves (and possibly facing it again this season), I'm not interested in rubbing it in for Bud. I don't want to be a hypocrite: I am not an SEC fan, and I was rooting for Troy, but I do feel bad for Bud and if I had my druthers, Alabama would be the team losing to Troy instead. May the fortunes of both our teams change for the better.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I'm looking forward to the day that the Ducks and LSU are back on top and we are arguing over who is better.

Sigh....the good old days
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Looks like LSU is going to take down 21st-ranked Florida on the road. So maybe the recovery is faster than we thought. Or maybe the SEC needs to stop playing such difficult OOC opponents. :lol:
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Phalanx wrote:Looks like LSU is going to take down 21st-ranked Florida on the road. So maybe the recovery is faster than we thought. Or maybe the SEC needs to stop playing such difficult OOC opponents. :lol:
Florida O sucks, that does help
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

karlhungis wrote:

Come on,

Recruiting class rankings for LSU
2017 - #7
2016 - #6
2015 - #12
2014 - #2

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons behind LSU's bad season but a lack of talent is absolutely not one of them. Troy beat you with a team of players that would not be given a scholarship at LSU.
Pretty much tells you all you need to know about the shenanigans known as "recruiting rankings" and people who live or die by that stuff. Take heed Duck fans.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine