Anderson Out @ OSU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Anderson Out @ OSU

Post by woundedknees »

Maybe he was feeling sheepish about his team's performance, and decided to give the O S Ewes a break, instead of ramming his buyout down their collective throats?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

He's friends with the AD. He knows what 12 million means to OSU. Why would the AD praise him like a saint if there were some weird baggage or trouble?
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

ifuwant2 wrote:He's friends with the AD. He knows what 12 million means to OSU. Why would the AD praise him like a saint if there were some weird baggage or trouble?
well, not saying there is trouble but they are friends and for that reason he may be covering for him. Again I have no clue but clearly some friends will cover for people even when there are issues. Don’t know anything nor am I pushing any agenda just saying what may be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

srduck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:He's friends with the AD. He knows what 12 million means to OSU. Why would the AD praise him like a saint if there were some weird baggage or trouble?
well, not saying there is trouble but they are friends and for that reason he may be covering for him. Again I have no clue but clearly some friends will cover for people even when there are issues. Don’t know anything nor am I pushing any agenda just saying what may be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True that. I guess the AD's job is on the line now too if there really is trouble. But maybe it already was.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

SuperDuck wrote:Unless something's going on behind the scenes that the public doesn't know about, I think Anderson will land on his feet again and do well somewhere else.

One guy I can think of who's looking for a head coaching gig that I know of is Mark Helfrich. You just never know.
Nebraskas coach is alame duck with the new AD... 3rd time lucky
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Honestly Jonathan Smith seems to be the only candidate that they really have a shot at. I don't think Riley comes back.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

karlhungis wrote:Honestly Jonathan Smith seems to be the only candidate that they really have a shot at. I don't think Riley comes back.
I could see them taking a run at someone like Beau Baldwin.
Mike Bellotti's Mustache
One Star Recruit

Post by Mike Bellotti's Mustache »

Helfrich is available :)
"Dyer Was Down"
'00 Alum, "Frat" guy, Go Ducks