Moos leaves wazzu for Nebraska.

Post by TualatinDuck »

Who saw that happening?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
greenyellow

Re: Moos leaves wazzu for Nebraska.

Post by greenyellow »

It's not actually a bad hire. Just didn't think he'd leave his alma mater.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

So how does this fair for Riley?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Sucks for WSU. Moos seems to have really helped them turn things around up there.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Also might ramp up pressure on Ernie to get the basketball team turned around. Moos hired him and once again rolled over his contract earlier this year so that Kent's under contract through the '21-'22 season. He's now in his fourth season. He signed Gittens, a 4* SF, earlier this year, so maybe that's a hopeful sign for the Cougs.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Leach to Nebraska next? Can’t imagine Wazzu can match Nebraska on the money side of things.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:Leach to Nebraska next? Can’t imagine Wazzu can match Nebraska on the money side of things.
It'd be interesting to see if Nebraska would accept someone like Leach and the offense he runs.
Spokaneduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Spokaneduck »

I work on the WSU campus 5-6 days a month and happen to be in Pullman today. From those I have spoken to this was a big surprise. He has a large ranch in the area and has a cattle business that he runs. Everyone assumed he would retire from WSU since his ties to the university and the Palouse. Leach better keep winning or else he could be on the way out. His post game comments about players does not go over well with the WSU higher administration, many of whom did not want him to begin with because he doesn't fit the image of who WSU thinks they are. I would not be surprised if he didn't last another 1-2 years. Moos was given a lot of freedom when it came to who he hired and the amount of money the university spends on athletics. He sold a long term vision but they have been running a deficit of $10 million plus the past few years. With him gone I could easily see the university looking to cut costs and and hire a cheaper coach who would fit the conservative culture of Pullman better. Many faculty members have been offered early retirement and staff has been laid off recently since the budget is in such poor shape. The increased athletic expenditures during the same time has not gone over well across campus.