Post by Alan »

According to the Corvallis Gazette, Les Miles wants in......... bad fit
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Rick Neuheisal to the Beavs?

Post by woundedknees »

Lester???
You JESTER!

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

woundedknees wrote:Lester???
You JESTER!

I wonder how many of the younger folks here know who that is in your gif......
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Alan wrote:According to the Corvallis Gazette, Les Miles wants in......... bad fit
I hope they get Miles. I think he would be a horrible fit. There is no way they are going to pay for the top tier staff that he needs to be successful.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

1. i do not think les miles is going to oregon state.

2. that said, i'm not so sure it's a horrible fit. a national championship coach brings instant credibility and at least opens doors to a whole new world of recruiting for osu. this is a guy who turned around an awful situation at oklahoma state and who's biggest criticism at lsu is that he couldn't keep up with alabama. // shrug
ImageImageImageImageImage
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

oregontrack wrote:1. i do not think les miles is going to oregon state.

2. that said, i'm not so sure it's a horrible fit. a national championship coach brings instant credibility and at least opens doors to a whole new world of recruiting for osu. this is a guy who turned around an awful situation at oklahoma state and who's biggest criticism at lsu is that he couldn't keep up with alabama. // shrug
He couldn't get it done with the best assistants and 5* recruits at almost every position. No way will he succeed in Corvallis on a shoestring budget with no talent. Sure, he would give the team an immediate bump but it would be for nothing once everyone realizes he can't get it done.
OregonFan4life -
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i don't understand what you mean by "couldn't get it done." the man won a national championship. he coached in another. he won 10 games or more in 7 of his 11 full seasons.

and again, to get that job he turned around an awful situation in stillwater.

he was fired because he couldn't match perhaps the greatest dynasty in college football history. he would be the ultimate slam dunk hire for a school like oregon state.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

oregontrack wrote:i don't understand what you mean by "couldn't get it done." the man won a national championship. he coached in another. he won 10 games or more in 7 of his 11 full seasons.

he was fired because he couldn't match perhaps the greatest dynasty in college football history. he would be the ultimate slam dunk hire for a school like oregon state.
Well, he's 64, what are the odds he coaches another 5 years?
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:The beavs aren't getting anyone good. When the HC quits mid season and your best coach in history dumps you to go to Nebraska, you know it's a bad job.
Actually, their best coach in history was a guy named Dennis Erickson, not Mike Riley.
John 3:36
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

wepto wrote:
oregontrack wrote:i don't understand what you mean by "couldn't get it done." the man won a national championship. he coached in another. he won 10 games or more in 7 of his 11 full seasons.

Well, he's 64, what are the odds he coaches another 5 years?
i don't know, but i'm not sure it really matters. they need someone, anyone, to come in and stop the bleeding.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

SuperDuck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:The beavs aren't getting anyone good. When the HC quits mid season and your best coach in history dumps you to go to Nebraska, you know it's a bad job.
Actually, their best coach in history was a guy named Dennis Erickson, not Mike Riley.
I think the best OSU coach was Tommy Prothro, who attained a 10 year record of 63-37-2 and took them to the Rose Bowl. Terry Baker won the Heisman under his watch and his players actually attended class. Erickson had one good year at 11-1 but had at least 5 losses in each of his other three seasons.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

maxduck wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
I think the best OSU coach was Tommy Prothro, who attained a 10 year record of 63-37-2 and took them to the Rose Bowl. Terry Baker won the Heisman under his watch and his players actually attended class. Erickson had one good year at 11-1 but had at least 5 losses in each of his other three seasons.
He also ran a really dirty program.
OregonFan4life -
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:
maxduck wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
He also ran a really dirty program.
So did Erickson
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Alan wrote:
woundedknees wrote:Lester???
You JESTER!

I wonder how many of the younger folks here know who that is in your gif......

Get it. Got it. Good.

One of the funnest men of the last century
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

Word is that Beau Baldwin is also out of the running. Don’t know if it was his choice or not, just that he is out. There are supposedly three current coaches who are interested.

Canzano asked via Twitter about Bielema? I say hire him. His record at Arkansas was stellar! NOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk