Florida presenting Chip with a contract

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Florida presenting Chip with a contract

Post by GrandpaDuck »

karlhungis wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:I hope he raids the Huskies for a DC.
Are there Chip guys on the fusky staff? Seems like Cal is most likely to get raided.
No, but the two Husky Co-DCs are really good. I want someone to poach them and it will probably take an SEC DC salary or G5 head coach job to do it.

If Coach Pepsi bolts for a HC job, I'm hoping WT goes after one of them. Helf made overtures, but without the +1.25 million available to wave at them.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Should be deeper pockets at FL in terms of support, and the east is wide open. UCLA will always be the little brother to SC. Chip, trust me... go FL
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Chip has turned down Florida and is now interviewing at UCLA. Sounds like Frost and Dan Mullens are the top picks for the Florida job.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Damn it Chip... Why do you have to come back to the Pac 12?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Not sure where to put this

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

It is being reported that Chip Kelly is no longer being pursued at Florida. I guess that probably means will be going to UCLA
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

So with Chip to UCLA and Frost likely going to Nebraska, would Florida look at Charlie Strong? People really underestimate how little talent was actually left when he took the Texas job...and he was starting from scratch. Tom Herman's 6-6 season should be pretty good evidence that it wasn't an inability to coach. He's a former Florida DC (only assistant from Zook's staff that Urban kept) and did well at Louisville and now at USF. He's got a bright young OC in Sterlin Gilbert too.