Alabama vs Ohio State...who deserves to be in?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Alabama
Opponents record: 79-64 (55.2%)
Best Wins: LSU 9-3 who lost to Troy; Fresno State 9-4 who lost to 5-7 UNLV
Loss: @Auburn 10-3
CCG: NA

Ohio State
Opponents record: 90-67 (57.3%)
Best Wins: Wisconsin 12-1 in Big10 Championship; Penn State 10-2; Michigan State 9-3
Losses: Oklahoma 12-1 Big12 Champion; @Iowa 7-5
CCG: Big10 Winner

It seems that Ohio State wins every category when compared to Alabama, EXCEPT that they lost twice.
UofDuck
Senior

Re: Alabama vs Ohio State...who deserves to be in?

Post by UofDuck »

There will be a total melt-down if an SEC non divisional winner is let in over the B10 champ. 2 SEC teams and no PAC or B10 represented. Time to move to 8 teams. And if a one loss Alabama is kept out, it’ll be mayhem too. No matter what, things are finally going to change. The pressure will demand it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The CFP Committee is supposed to weigh conference champions higher than non-champions so I think they'll include Ohio State but I could easily see them including Alabama based only on that they have one loss and they are Alabama.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I just like that they can only pick one of them.

Meanwhile, Washington's chances of getting a New Year's bowl seem to have improved with TCU's loss. I know there is a big recruiting weekend planned, but I would way rather play a 9-3 (and possibly ranked) team like Boise State in Las Vegas than West Virginia or Texas Tech in the Cactus Bowl. Beating the Broncos would at least end the season on a satisfying note.
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

No right or wrong choice (I hate tOSU, so I’m good with Bama) but this will definitely set the fan bases off with whatever program gets left out and we will then start to hear serious talk about moving to an 8 team playoff
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I think they put Bama in because they are scared of Saban. Go 8 teams, 5 conference Champs and 3 at large.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Give it to UCF.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan22 wrote:I think they put Bama in because they are scared of Saban. Go 8 teams, 5 conference Champs and 3 at large.
X2, I hate OSU but more important at this time if Bama gets past over...even if OSU gets past over it will cause lots of screaming and whining for an 8 team playoff. 5 conference champs, 3 at large but no more than two teams from one conference.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

aaaaannnddd it's Alabama. Should have known they would go with two SEC teams. Maybe they should just remove the suspense and give them an auto berth every year.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Alan wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:I think they put Bama in because they are scared of Saban. Go 8 teams, 5 conference Champs and 3 at large.
X2, I hate OSU but more important at this time if Bama gets past over...even if OSU gets past over it will cause lots of screaming and whining for an 8 team playoff. 5 conference champs, 3 at large but no more than two teams from one conference.
I want this too. I'd also add a guaranteed slot for a small conference team. Maybe require that they be in the top 25 or something, but I want the good small school to have a shot.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Ya, this is a joke. Auburn and Wisconsin should have just protested the games yesterday and not played in them.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Conference championships are worthless if they're just going to hand two spots to the SEC every year.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Conference championships are worthless if they're just going to hand two spots to the SEC every year.
You can’t even win your division in your own conference but your worthy of a golden ticket anyway.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

UofDuck wrote:There will be a total melt-down if an SEC non divisional winner is let in over the B10 champ. 2 SEC teams and no PAC or B10 represented. Time to move to 8 teams. And if a one loss Alabama is kept out, it’ll be mayhem too. No matter what, things are finally going to change. The pressure will demand it.
12 teams:
Top 4 seeds have bye
Every conference winner gets in, 2 at large slots
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

karlhungis wrote:Give it to UCF.
Would of been AWESOME to see UCF get the shoot at that 4th spot.

Personally I feel USC should of got in over Ohio State and Bama. USC played all FBS opponents and 5 ranked opponents. Sadly, liked Ohio State, one of there L was a blow out.

I also wonder how much the PAC suffers from a lot of their games being so late for those of us not on the West Coast.