Taggart talking with Sanders about joining staff.

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Taggart talking with Sanders about joining staff.

Post by Merganzer »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ates-staff

Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders is considering taking a coaching job at his alma mater.

Sanders, who currently works as an analyst at NFL Network, has had discussions with new Florida State coach Willie Taggart about coaching the Seminoles’ defensive backs, according to multiple reports.
Sanders is at Florida State’s bowl game this afternoon and was asked about it during the ESPN broadcast. Sanders neither confirmed nor denied the reports but sounded interested.

“You never know,” Sanders said.

The 50-year-old Sanders founded a charter school in 2012 and coached at the school, which has since shut down amid financial problems. He has never coached at the college or professional level. Sanders played three years at Florida State and was a two-time All-American. He was also on the Seminoles’ baseball and track teams.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Taggart talking with Sanders about joining staff.

Post by Phenom »

He would be a hell of a recruiter.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Just don't see him taking a full time job. His net worth is estimated to be $40m, but you never know.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

The jury is still out regarding slick willie's coaching abilities and x's and o's. But damn...he's good at all the other mumbo jumbo and recruiting tactics.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

alxtw wrote:The jury is still out regarding slick willie's coaching abilities and x's and o's. But damn...he's good at all the other mumbo jumbo and recruiting tactics.
Makes you wonder how he is going to be successful with a staff full of showmen and salesmen. It isn't like FSU has been hurting for talent. It seems like they now think they will be more successful with the same level of talent and a big step back in coaching.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

karlhungis wrote:
alxtw wrote:The jury is still out regarding slick willie's coaching abilities and x's and o's. But damn...he's good at all the other mumbo jumbo and recruiting tactics.
Makes you wonder how he is going to be successful with a staff full of showmen and salesmen. It isn't like FSU has been hurting for talent. It seems like they now think they will be more successful with the same level of talent and a big step back in coaching.
Give him 3 years and he'll be headed back to the American Conference.
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

I love my boy Isaac Ropp's theory that within 5 seasons from kickoff of 2018, Taggat will be back with Harbaugh as an assistant coach. Don't get me wrong, as dissapointed as I was to see him leave, I believe that Taggart is a better Recruiter/CEO than a X & O's guru. The challenge for him is that FSU never needed a recruting expert. They need a schematically superior Coaching Staff. That being said, Taggart has shown himself able to recruit coordiantors and coaches. I really feel like we should tip our hats and let the man go.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Sanders left FSU after 3 years. Don't you have to have at least a BA in order to Coach at the D1 level? Just curious.....
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

polyduck wrote:Sanders left FSU after 3 years. Don't you have to have at least a BA in order to Coach at the D1 level? Just curious.....
It is Florida State. They could just issue a "continuing Ed" type of BA
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

duck55 wrote:
polyduck wrote:Sanders left FSU after 3 years. Don't you have to have at least a BA in order to Coach at the D1 level? Just curious.....
It is Florida State. They could just issue a "continuing Ed" type of BA
Ahhh....good point D-55. Thanks for the heads up....didn't know that.