Re: Titans vs Chiefs

Post by Merganzer »

Phenom wrote:Let's go MariGOATa
Well said.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Some of the gutsiest QB play in NFL playoff history, well done Marcus!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

When Marcus was able to run the quick tempo offense they really clicked! Marcus needs ta better team.......
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Mularkey: okay, the next play should be a hand-off to the running back up the middle for no gain, just like we did all season.

Marcus: Tell ta what, Coach, I'll call the plays from here. You can thank me later.

Mularkey: Mahalo for my job, Marcus.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Phalanx wrote:Mularkey: okay, the next play should be a hand-off to the running back up the middle for no gain, just like we did all season.

Marcus: Tell ta what, Coach, I'll call the plays from here. You can thank me later.

Truth
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Mariota is a hero. Miss him a lot, but also very happy to see him get a special win.

That block though...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Mariota is a hero. Miss him a lot, but also very happy to see him get a special win.

That block though...
The best, hardest block I can remember him throwing...... beast mode? Lol
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwi3yWYWWFE

Marcus getting physical first "the stiff arm". Now "the block"
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

That hit he took on the third or fourth drive of the game, I really didn’t think he was going to get back up! Stupid me thought they were playing so bad at 14-0 Chiefs that I left watching the game and missed all the good stuff. Hopefully I can find a replay somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Phalanx wrote:Mularkey: okay, the next play should be a hand-off to the running back up the middle for no gain, just like we did all season.

Pretty sure I heard Gruden say he thought Marcus was calling most of the plays himself when they were in the hurry up.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Marcus was literally a passer, runner, receiver, blocker, and play caller yesterday. You could just tell Gruden was drooling at the idea of coaching Marcus all game long. Mularky owes Mariota his life, Henry too. You take away Marcus and Henry yesterday and it’s a 42-3 blowout for the Chiefs. Just imagine how good Marcus and the Titans would be with good coaches...

But it really does frustrate me to see horrible coaching and dumb play calls cause the Titans to go down early then Marcus have to take over and try to overcome that deficit the coaches caused. The Titans win in spite of the coaches, not because of them. Marcus is literally a better playcaller than Robiskie and Mularky.
Wildcat-Duck
One Star Recruit

Post by Wildcat-Duck »

...the Titans defense taking out the first string tight end with a vicious hit probably had something to do with the win too.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Wildcat-Duck wrote:...the Titans defense taking out the first string tight end with a vicious hit probably had something to do with the win too.
Vicious but legal. Wouldn't have been in college but in the pros that was a clean, albeit nasty, hit.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Started watching this game at the beginning, but just before halftime had to run an errand. Friend said "it'll be 21-3 when we get back" and sure enough, it was 21-3 to start the 2nd half. So excited to see the Marcus-to-Marcus TD pass, as well as the final block to seal the game. Great performance MM8!