2018 NBA Draft

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: 2018 NBA Draft

Post by Merganzer »

Phalanx wrote:There goes Donte DiVincenzo, a guy that was rumored the Blazers were interested in.
Could be Chandler Hutchison, Boise St.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer wrote:
Phalanx wrote:There goes Donte DiVincenzo, a guy that was rumored the Blazers were interested in.
Could be Chandler Hutchison, Boise St.
I don't think he makes it past Chicago at 22.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

So far this draft is going almost exactly as predicted, other than Porter falling a bit. I suspect Hutchison will be gone before the Blazers pick.

After Huerter is where the predictions will start to get dicey.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck24 wrote:
Alan wrote:Wow! Not sure what to think, I didn’t see as fat good with the
Ducks
Good batch of moonshine Alan? :lol:
Yup ducks really played well in the first half of the season last year, brown was a complete team
Player....... sarcasm
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

If you want to have the draft spoiled somewhat, just follow Adrian Wojnarowski's Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/wojespn/
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With who's left, I think Portland like goes for Musa or Cincy's Evans should Hutchinson be off the board.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Love watching teams reaching for guys...unless it's my team. Oh well, I guess the Lakers wanted him too.

P.S. Robert Williams was available. We'll see if they regret not picking him later.
Last edited by Phalanx on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like the Blazers are going to take Anfernee Simons, the 19-year old SG out of IMG Academy. A boom-or-bust type of prospect that won't move the needle for most and will likely need some time in the G-League before contributing.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I know at 24 you take the best player still left, but honestly, does anyone look at the current Blazer roster and think to themselves, "What we really need here is another 6'3'' scoring guard who doesn't play defense"? I guess this means that if this kid works out they can trade C.J.?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

...aaand Woj just called Williams the possible steal of the draft. I guess we didn't need a shot-blocking PF anyway.

Edit: In fairness, I guess there are possible medical issues.
Last edited by Phalanx on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:I know at 24 you take the best player still left, but honestly, does anyone look at the current Blazer roster and think to themselves, "What we really need here is another 6'3'' scoring guard who doesn't play defense"? I guess this means that if this kid works out they can trade C.J.?
They likely thought they weren't going to get any big-time contributor right away in this draft position so they picked the guy who had the most potential of the remaining prospects. It seems that they're maybe a year or two away from blowing up their core should they not improve off last season.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Musa still on the board..wonder if the Blazers are trying to do anything at this point.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Blazers just got Gary Trent Jr from SAC for two future 2nd round picks. He's a likely 3&D guy that replaces Connaughton should he leave.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:Blazers just got Gary Trent Jr from SAC for two future 2nd round picks. He's a likely 3&D guy that replaces Connaughton should he leave.
Sounds more like a 3-and-D minus the D.

I don't hate the pick, I just wish they didn't have to keep trading two picks to get one guy. I have a feeling those picks they traded are going to be higher than Olshey thinks. Especially if they can't re-sign Nurk.

They could have picked Trent with #24, so all in all it wasn't a horrible draft (like last year was). Hard to do much with pick 24 anyway. Seems like they are loading up at the wrong position, but maybe a trade will even things out.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Brandon McCoy went undradted. Yikes. Always crazy to look at the list of undrafted undergrads who were given bad advice. Below is a partial list of guys from this year. Some of guys are top of their class recruits. I believe Duval from Duke was consensus top 5 player in the 2017 class.