Urban Meyer

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by Alan »

Merganzer wrote:
Duck24 wrote: I was referring to Meyer retaining Smith. He’s at Ohio State and successful. Meyer could can Smith and have another top flight WR coach on staff by the next day.
You sure were, my bad. It turns out that Meyer didn't fire Smith out of loyalty to his late grandfather, Earl Bruce, whom Meyer holds in very high esteem.
That's what a media report I heard said also, EarlBruce was Urban's mentor and smith was Bruce's grandson. Earl Bruce died in I believe April so Meyer felt free to cut strings....... why it took him a couple of months??...... recruiting?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

is a sleaze bag...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ohio-state

Zach Smith had sex toys delivered to him at Ohio State's football headquarters in 2015, according to an online report Friday, raising more questions about the former assistant coach's conduct while employed there just as the university prepares to conclude its investigation of the program and head coach Urban Meyer.

WatchStadium.com also reported Friday that Courtney Smith, Zach Smith's former wife, said he took photos of himself receiving oral sex and having sex with an Ohio State staffer in the Buckeyes coaches' offices in 2015, as well as a photo of his genitalia. According to the report, Courtney Smith also said her former husband sent a photo of his genitalia with a time stamp that indicates it is from the day Ohio State visited the White House that same year. One photo included a White House bathroom towel with the seal of the president.

The report also said Zach Smith had $2,200 worth of personal items, including sex toys, delivered to the Buckeyes' football offices inside the Woody Hayes Athletic Center. Smith's attorney, Brad Koffel, told WatchStadium.com he had "no idea" about the photos and sex paraphernalia.
Ohio State announced Friday evening that its investigation of the football program and Meyer will be completed on Sunday as planned. Investigators will deliver a report for the independent working group directing the probe, which will be shared with the board of trustees in an executive session next week.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Classy
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:Classy
Would this be an even worse situation for OSU and Urban if ESPN hadn't let-go/fire the reporter who is breaking all of this in Brett McMurphy?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duck07 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:Classy
Would this be an even worse situation for OSU and Urban if ESPN hadn't let-go/fire the reporter who is breaking all of this in Brett McMurphy?
Depends on ESPN's policy of letting their reporters do interviews on other stations radio/tv shows. I've seen his stuff on ESPN,Fox, CBS sports etc. They've got a giant fire not sure how it could be any worse.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

It is going to be great theatre watching Thee Ohio State University tell us, "that after a thorough and meticulous investigation the best course of action is to retain head coach Urban Meyer and through his vision and leadership the football program will operate with complete candor and integrity moving forward...
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Merganzer wrote:It is going to be great theatre watching Thee Ohio State University tell us, "that after a thorough and meticulous investigation the best course of action is to retain head coach Urban Meyer and through his vision and leadership the football program will operate with complete candor and integrity moving forward...
Sounds a lot like a redux from the Tressel days...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

woundedknees wrote:
Merganzer wrote:It is going to be great theatre watching Thee Ohio State University tell us, "that after a thorough and meticulous investigation the best course of action is to retain head coach Urban Meyer and through his vision and leadership the football program will operate with complete candor and integrity moving forward...
Sounds a lot like a redux from the Tressel days...
Exactly, "gee it worked so well then..."
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Urban must want to give the Maryland coach a big fat kiss. Without their screw up to distract the press Urban would be gone, with it he probably gets off with a wrist slap.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Quietduck wrote:Urban must want to give the Maryland coach a big fat kiss. Without their screw up to distract the press Urban would be gone, with it he probably gets off with a wrist slap.
I think Urban can thank the Maryland mess for providing a distraction, but I don't think it will save him; without it, it would just be a louder slap.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OSU will blame CTE
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Greenblood wrote:May I never ever be so into "my team" that I lose all sense of morals and refuse to see it when its leader ought to go.
For real...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... yers-fate/

Ohio State's investigation into coach Urban Meyer's handling of domestic violence allegations against former wide receivers coach Zach Smith is finished, and the next step of the process will take place this week.

The school announced that the Ohio State University Board of Trustees will be verbally briefed of the findings Monday and will meet at 9 a.m. ET on Wednesday to discuss personnel matters related to the investigation. There will be no deliberations until Wednesday, and the verbal briefing Monday is designed to prepare members of the details prior to the meeting.

Citing two sources, the Columbus Dispatch reported Monday that a suspension of Meyer is going to be the likely recommendation with a span of "time served" standing as an option -- meaning Meyer would be reinstated immediately.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

They haven't heard the fact finding report but speculation is the penalty is already decided? What a travesty.