Urban Meyer

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by FlDuckFan »

pezsez1 wrote:
If, and I do mean if, this is all true. Meyer needs to be fired. NCAA lifetime ban, I can not express how strongly I feel about domestic abuse. It's personal for me, but the process must play out. Innocent until proven guilty.
Word.

I don't believe Meyer for a second. I'm not that gullible. There is no way the head of that organization doesn't know what his assistants are doing, especially if his own wife knew. Sorry, not buying it -- especially since this wasn't a one-time thing, but habitual abuse that went on for years.

EDIT: Bye, Felicia.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurp ... 7522486968
He isn't going anywhere.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

FlDuckFan wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
If, and I do mean if, this is all true. Meyer needs to be fired. NCAA lifetime ban, I can not express how strongly I feel about domestic abuse. It's personal for me, but the process must play out. Innocent until proven guilty.
Word.

I don't believe Meyer for a second. I'm not that gullible. There is no way the head of that organization doesn't know what his assistants are doing, especially if his own wife knew. Sorry, not buying it -- especially since this wasn't a one-time thing, but habitual abuse that went on for years.

EDIT: Bye, Felicia.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurp ... 7522486968
He isn't going anywhere.
I done think so either.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Ohio State needs to part ways with Suburban Liar because if they keep him
this will never go away for them. Will they show some guts and actually do it ?

I have zero tollerence for domestic violence, i have seen it first hand as a young
kid. Not something i would ever do or be a part of.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan22 wrote:Ohio State needs to part ways with Suburban Liar because if they keep him
this will never go away for them. Will they show some guts and actually do it ?

I have zero tollerence for domestic violence, i have seen it first hand as a young
kid. Not something i would ever do or be a part of.

I think Ohio St will make some empty actions but keep Urban. My statement is in no way discounting domestic violence nor will I think about comparing it to any other crime coaches or players commit. It simply is the old story about a sports program staying an elite high dollar program. I don't feel like it's right, it's just what happens too often. Also there is too much room to keep Urb with the details but really don't feel like getting into a discussion about semantics this morning. I certainly not supporting Urb or the crime, but the legal system ran its course with the Abuse charges, apparently everyone on the staff knew plus their wives so it was no cover up. I assume folks above Urbs head knew of it if everyone else (coaches and wives) in the program knew of it........ way too much wiggle room for Urb, he should have nipped it in the bud at Florida.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Between the Jim Jordan controversy and this, the Ohio State AD must be loving life. I highly doubt Ohio State actually cans Urban Meyer though. They’ll keep him on leave for a few weeks, let the Twitter mob die down for a bit and then reinstate him and rely on the fact that all the evidence is circumstantial. His wife will likely get canned though.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I always knew he was a slime ball. Nothing surprises me with him. I doubt Ohio state has the balls to do anything. Culture has changed since Florida for Urban Meyer but Ohio State values winning over anything else. They will do nothing... How does this effect their recruiting?
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Duck24 wrote:Between the Jim Jordan controversy and this, the Ohio State AD must be loving life. I highly doubt Ohio State actually cans Urban Meyer though. They’ll keep him on leave for a few weeks, let the Twitter mob die down for a bit and then reinstate him and rely on the fact that all the evidence is circumstantial. His wife will likely get canned though.
Plus there is a lawsuit alleging a coach at USA Diving and the Ohio State Diving Club forced athletes to perform sexual acts in exchange for lessons. https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/17/us/usa-d ... index.html

With three concurrent scandals tOSU may be forced to take drastic measures.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Of course this is, Thee Ohio State University where head football coach, Jim Tressel "resigned" amidst a scandal of him not reporting players involvement in selling memorabilia. It also turns out that tOSU, could end up by throwing all of this on Meyer's wife, who is an employee of tOSU, and therefore also required by Title lX to report all instances of abuse that she learned about from Courtney Smith.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Merganzer wrote:Of course this is, Thee Ohio State University where head football coach, Jim Tressel "resigned" amidst a scandal of him not reporting players involvement in selling memorabilia. It also turns out that tOSU, could end up by throwing all of this on Meyer's wife, who is an employee of tOSU, and therefore also required by Title lX to report all instances of abuse that she learned about from Courtney Smith.
I know the temptation is there but try telling your wife she needs to be publicly humiliated and fired so you can keep your job. Let me know how that works out. ;)
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

maxduck wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Of course this is, Thee Ohio State University where head football coach, Jim Tressel "resigned" amidst a scandal of him not reporting players involvement in selling memorabilia. It also turns out that tOSU, could end up by throwing all of this on Meyer's wife, who is an employee of tOSU, and therefore also required by Title lX to report all instances of abuse that she learned about from Courtney Smith.
I know the temptation is there but try telling your wife she needs to be publicly humiliated and fired so you can keep your job. Let me know how that works out. ;)
Eh if rumors are to be believed he wasn't the best Husband when has was at UF why make a change now?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yeah, in most instances that would be true.

But guys like urban Meyer are psychologically abusive. They demand to have full autonomy and power in the household. It may not ever be verbalized within the relationship but it's clear that a lot of these high level coaches and their wives have very similar relationship dynamics.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Yeah, in most instances that would be true.

But guys like urban Meyer are psychologically abusive. They demand to have full autonomy and power in the household. It may not ever be verbalized within the relationship but it's clear that a lot of these high level coaches and their wives have very similar relationship dynamics.
Yes. If it turns out that Meyer's wife catches this, it will be because she valued the football program and her husband's job more than what was happening to her friend. Urban would not be upset with her for that, and if she is fired from her position, they'll be able to get by.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

maxduck wrote:
I think there are about $40 million reasons it would work out.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

maxduck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:Between the Jim Jordan controversy and this, the Ohio State AD must be loving life. I highly doubt Ohio State actually cans Urban Meyer though. They’ll keep him on leave for a few weeks, let the Twitter mob die down for a bit and then reinstate him and rely on the fact that all the evidence is circumstantial. His wife will likely get canned though.
Plus there is a lawsuit alleging a coach at USA Diving and the Ohio State Diving Club forced athletes to perform sexual acts in exchange for lessons. https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/17/us/usa-d ... index.html

If you have 2 different sex assault cases and a dv, maybe its time for the board of trustees to start firing people at the top?
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Duck07 wrote:
maxduck wrote:

If you have 2 different sex assault cases and a dv, maybe its time for the board of trustees to start firing people at the top?
Agreed, not sure how Gene Smith keeps his job. He selected Urban Meyer, with all his known baggage, to replace Jim Tressel after Tressel was forced to resign over NCAA violations and the subsequent coverup. UM hireed Gene Smith (repeated domestic abuse), Kevin Wilson (forced to resign as HC at Indiana over alleged player abuse), and Greg Schiano (failed to report child abuse). What could possibly go wrong?