Marcus needs to find a new team

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Marcus needs to find a new team

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Sacked 11 times, no run game, more drops, crappy defense, yet he continues to play his heart out. He led the team in rushing with 2 attempts, sad things is a lot of Titans fans find a way to blame him on their team forum and social media, those fans are never grateful. It sucks to see Mariota’s career hindered by that awful organization but I hope he can salvage a great career by going to another team.
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Marcus needs to find a new team

Post by Merganzer »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Sacked 11 times, no run game, more drops, crappy defense, yet he continues to play his heart out. He led the team in rushing with 2 attempts, sad things is a lot of Titans fans find a way to blame him on their team forum and social media, those fans are never grateful. It sucks to see Mariota’s career hindered by that awful organization but I hope he can salvage a great career by going to another team.
Absolutely. The one thing I'll say about the fans blaming Marcus is because he's the quarterback and social media wants to find the quickest message. Of course. Marcus will blame himself for the team's performance.
I look at Jared Goff. He was not even near the QB in college that Marcus was. In his first year with the Rams he was a BUST. In comes Sean McVay, and Goff is being talked as an MVP. Patrick Mahomes is the Hot QB now. His left handed toss a couple of weeks ago is legendary, it looked exactly like something Marcus could/would have done.
I sure hope that a trade can be made for Marcus, in the right system, right now almost any other system he'd be the player we remember.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

What teams are in the market for a QB and would prefer trading or acquiring one in FA over drafting one?

Cincy, Miami, Tampa..?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

He is loyal to a fault. The team has a crappy supporting cast and he is doing his best. It's a monumental waste. The organization has had plenty of time to get players who complement his playing style. I don't get what they are doing.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

FlDuckFan wrote:What teams are in the market for a QB and would prefer trading or acquiring one in FA over drafting one?

Cincy, Miami, Tampa..?
Yeah, it looks like Cincy, Miami, TB likes Jameis. The Chargers, Rivers is getting up there. Denver. Dallas, Prescott has dropped in quality since his first season. Of course NYG can certainly use one. They have the WR, and RB, but the OL looks like Tennessee's.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Merganzer wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:What teams are in the market for a QB and would prefer trading or acquiring one in FA over drafting one?

Cincy, Miami, Tampa..?
Yeah, it looks like Cincy, Miami, TB likes Jameis. The Chargers, Rivers is getting up there. Denver. Dallas, Prescott has dropped in quality since his first season. Of course NYG can certainly use one. They have the WR, and RB, but the OL looks like Tennessee's.
Denver, NYG, & Chargers all seem like teams who would rather draft a QB right now over getting one from the market. I could see Cincy or Miami taking a shot at Mariota if he becomes available. Tampa would be interesting as they have talent on the roster and Winston is more than likely playing with 2 strikes against him.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The Titans aren't trading Marcus and they aren't letting him walk. The injury to Delanie and Rishard Matthews walking away were big problems before the 11 sack performance.

He could definitely use Shane Lemieux at LG, that much is clear with all the interior pressure allowed. His injury hasn't helped either but Marcus has to pull through because he and Tennessee are likely going to be together for awhile.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Sounds like a couple of other Oregon QB's who were drafted by shitty teams and took all the blame for no O line or receivers who could catch the damn ball!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine